PDA

View Full Version : Install problems and cannot install PostGreSQL

kylephilly
03-15-2010, 03:15 PM
So, I've been having trouble installing HEM on my laptop for months but figured i'd give it another try today. (It works on my desktop at home). Anyway, when installing I get some weird errors about easyhook32.dll and another error which I ignored to get through installation.

Then, I has postgresql installed but it wouldn't start up. So I removed the PostGreSQL app from my computer and tried to reinstall off the postgresql website. Now, I couldn't install PostGreSQL because I don't know the password (it's not postgres, postgrespass, or anything) and I did some research on the web about changing it using netuser postgres postgress, which completes but doesn't work when I try to log in.

Can anybody help me out?

fozzy71
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 8.3.9 from this link - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe

BubbleBoy
03-19-2010, 12:54 AM
net user postgres /delete

I just had retarded problem and this solved it.

The combo installer just put sql on my C drive which is wrong, so I uninstalled it and deleted all the files. I then reinstalled it on D bt it wouldnt fucking work without a password, and all the password tricks wouldnt work. this line of code did it though.