PDA

View Full Version : error in snapin, sql server configuration manager, can't use hold them manager

MASTERHOLMES
03-14-2010, 09:46 AM
last night when i went to use hold them manager I couldn't get past the datbase page, and hold them manager couldnt' restart it.

i reinstalled postresql 8.3, 8.4 , i downloaded dial a fix, used pc fixer, uninstalled and reinstalled hem 4 times at least.
I check the computer for errors, downloaded microsoft sql server 2005, and even check my net framework 3.5 for errors.

it says mmc has detected an error in a snap in, it is recommended you report to this to microsoft and restart mmc.
I already restarted my computer 3 or 4 times so it won't help.

I also have new hardrive, and new power supply on my computer, I updated everything.
the only security i am using is microsoft security essentials (not 2010 as that is the virus trojon one )

I put them all in the exception to the firewall and at my wits end.
heck I am even willing to let you get into my computer and try things as i can't figure it out.

without this I can't use my hem, my omaha manager or my leakbuster :(.
pm me. i am off to bed

fozzy71
03-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Windows XP? This is a windows error and not a postgresql/hm error.

Error message when you try to open the WMI MMC snap-in by using the "Wmimgmt.msc" command on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer: "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915843/en-us)

Make sure your windows is fully update.

If none of that helps I wouldnt know what to suggest other than a reformat of your C drive.

MASTERHOLMES
03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
I was so focused on postregres, that i didn't know that i had to go restart sql server until i redid it local system so your link indirectly helped as i got closer to the core and the core until i tried that.
then I just reloaded hem (as i already took out postregres 8.3.8.4 8.4 plus)
and now redownloading my hand history