PDA

View Full Version : Can i recover my hands?

RoaylGamer
03-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Hello.

I was wondering if there is a way how i can recover my hands if my PC had been reinstalled. I had to format C: system drive and put fresh windows copy on so i cant start my HEM anymore.(which is on different partition)

So my question is can i recover my hands/notes from my old HEM instalation folder. Thanks.

fozzy71
03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
The hands and notes are part of the PostgreSQL database. Do you still have the \PostgreSQL\8.x\data folder along with the \Holdem Manager folder? If you do, we can probably reinstall postgresql and use your previous database. If not, you will have to import all the original/archived hands.

Do you still have your \HMArchive where it moved all of your auto-imported hand history files? Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

RoaylGamer
03-14-2010, 01:40 PM
hrmm.... well i have the archive folder at my D: drive which i didnt format... the same drive i have my HEM on but i did format C: drive on which the postgreSQL data base was located on....

So based on this situation...

a) Is there a way to get my notes back?

b) How do i import HHs sent by poker room?

morny
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I you dont have access to the postgreSQL database so youll lose your notes

You can recover your hands by importing from the Archive folder on your D drive
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)