PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling hem and keeping old db

omaha
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I know i can reinstall postgres and do the steps to keep my old db

Can i reinstall hem and keep my old db, or do i have to export and reimport it all? I have a huge db, and am having issues with party crashing with hem spaddye , and party ez cash. Top of the line computer, and my old one handled it fine

I checked the faqs but this doesnt seem to be mentioned

fozzy71
03-12-2010, 04:54 PM
For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

omaha
03-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks, but i have already reinstalled postgres (as it says in the faqs), and party, and spadey, and still get the crashes.

Runnning windows xp professional , E8500, 3.1Gh, 3.2 Gig ram, ocz vertex 250gig drive. Only 80 gig used on the ssd out of 250

Was previously doing everything fine on a normal drive and an opteron 180.

I had to get windows reinstalled when i got my ssd, but things were working perfectly for months and months

I run party, ez cash, hem and spadeye fine with a dozen tables, but as soon as i get hem runnning and importing, i get a crash within 15 minutes or so.

On another forum, one of the guys said my ssd was misaligned, but it seems fine with everything else.

Any thoughts?

ps if i need to reinstall xp i will go to win 7, which i understand is much better for ssds

netsrak
03-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Are you mining hands with spadeeye and running the auto-import at the same time?
This could be the reason for the crashes. You should make sure that your spadeeye destination folder is not included in the auto-import folders.