PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Setting Up Pls

MobbTrife
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey guys just started using the 15day trial version this morning. Had no problems downloading the software. Im at the stage where i need to create my player name/alias etc. I followed the steps on the faq and it just keeps saying the same thing over again "Please enter part of the players name to search for" Then I try adding aliases as my Full Tilt name and says "You can't select an alias that does not have players attached" Like I attach more things to it and just keeps popping up. Played a few hands still keep getting the same problem. Would really like to solve this issue and use this program, so any help please =)

morny
03-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Do you have more than 1 alias or just the 1?

If youve more than 1 you need to create the alias name first and that is added into the top pane. Then in the bottom pane you need to add 2 or more players. Sounds like your trying to add more to the top section instead of the bottom

MobbTrife
03-12-2010, 07:58 PM
every time im trying to add more players to the bottom I just keep getting the same thing. Like i type my player name at the top. And then try to add more to the bottom. Like what should i add at the bottom cuz any players i type i just keep getting the same error

MobbTrife
03-12-2010, 08:03 PM
This is super confusing i dont no if its cuz im a trial member or what but like I add my alias player name I try attaching players to it just keep getting the same error. Really frustrated now so plz can anyone help

_Loki_
03-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I am just checking something MobbTrife. In your original post you wrote: "I'm at the stage where i need to create my player name/alias etc..."

I've got this idea you are confusing an alias with your Poker site playing name. You do not need to create an alias to use HM - just make sure that you have selected your player name - the one you use on the site you play. If your name on the poker site appears in the top left of each HM page where it says "Player " then you are good to go

If you are playing on more than one poker site then you can combine your different poker site names into one name if you want, but to do this you must create a made up name that doesn't already exist on your database - this is known as an alias

you could create one called MYPOKERNAMES for example & then you add your different site names to this Alias as per the FAQ if you want to see your combined stats

If I am saying the obvious to you then - oh well :)

fozzy71
03-13-2010, 12:33 AM
The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. Before you can create an alias you want to be sure you can find your various site names. If you only play 1 site there is no need for an alias. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Player Name & Alias (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+)

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. You can also click the Arrow and choose Player Search. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.