PDA

View Full Version : Where is my database?

sp_orbital
03-12-2010, 04:40 AM
i had some problems with postgresql so had to reinstall it. after i did this my database has disapeared from hm. by reinstalling postgres did i delete my database or is it hiding somewhere? and if so how can i get it back?
thanks

sp_orbital
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
the postgres folder is still 14gb so all the data is still there, just need to know how to load it back into hm. without having to import millions of hands again

fozzy71
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
i had some problems with postgresql

What problems were you having specifically?

so had to reinstall it. after i did this my database has disapeared from hm. by reinstalling postgres did i delete my database or is it hiding somewhere? and if so how can i get it back?
thanks

Which postgresql installer did you use? The same version or did you use our combo installer, which would have renamed your old postgresql folder?

the postgres folder is still 14gb so all the data is still there, just need to know how to load it back into hm. without having to import millions of hands again

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

sp_orbital
03-12-2010, 11:25 PM
thanks alot
all worked and got my db back