PDA

View Full Version : My HM has an starting problem

manel
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Today when I start my HM, a window appears saying:
"And error ocurred while reading the config//HoldemManeger.config file: falta el elemento raiz"
Holdem Manager will now backup the old config and create a new for you"

Then if I press on OK, other windows appears in spanish sayin that its impposible create an archive that also exists.

By

fozzy71
03-10-2010, 07:54 PM
0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

manel
03-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Few days ago I Renamed the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt, and the HM restart correctly.
But now, around 8-10 days later when I started HM appears the same window saying that "And error ocurred while reading the config//HoldemManeger.config file: falta el elemento raiz"
Holdem Manager will now backup the old config and create a new for you"
Then if I press on OK, other windows appears in spanish sayin that its impposible create an archive that also exists.

I try to repeat all points that yo recomend in the last message but now appears the same window and HM canīt be started.

By

fozzy71
03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Which Operating System and is it fully updated? If vista or w7: Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Try changing the regional and language settings to English (US).

If none of that helps, I would suggest a clean reinstall:

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems (http://www.revouninstaller.com) using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works