PDA

View Full Version : Identifying HUD Lag

ying
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm experiencing a one second pause during showdown, my tables freeze and then the next second the hand is over. This also happens when people are all in and the cards flip over. Has anyone else experienced this before? Its really annoying. What can I do the eliminate the "pause" between hands?

morny
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

What site is this for?

ying
03-10-2010, 07:21 PM
The Opacity slider is all the way to the right.

When I look at my CPU processes, Full Tilt Poker and svchost are using the most memory.

I will try to see if updating my gfx card driver will work.

What is weird about this lag is that I can still use table ninja while it is frozen. I can hover over tables and see the frames highlighted and my hotkeys still function.

ying
03-10-2010, 08:09 PM
It appears as if the pause is occuring when there is an import in progress. It doesn't happen all the time though. My autoupdate is default 5 seconds.

fozzy71
03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I would suggest you do the majority of the things in this thread: Top 10: HEM performance increase tips - Holdem Manager Forums (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194)

Some of the most important things, imo:

- Remove the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Options > Hands View Column Selecto
- Turning off logging and deleting existing logs
- Vacuum/Full/Analyze, then Reindex - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+#manual)
- Defrag last and make sure you stop the postgresql service before you defrag. I personally use Smart Defrag.
- Do a Cold Boot (Shut Down > Start) before you use HM again