PDA

View Full Version : player notes not getting saved

Merlinius
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't know if anyone else has this, but when I add or modify a player note (text and/or icon) and click save, about 20% of the time it does not get saved and the player note is just like it was before. I'm not 100% sure but I think the icon gets changed for a brief moment to the one i set but then switches back to the old one (or back to no icon at all).

morny
03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi,

what version of HM were you using when you noticed this?

Merlinius
03-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Holdem + Omaha Professional 1.10.03a. But I'm pretty sure the problem also existed when I used the version before that.

morny
03-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I know its obvious but are you definetely remembering to click save, i was notes regularly and id especially notice this vs regs i take lots of notes on, ive done a test there of about 30 hands and didnt notice any notes missing, maybe try creating a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and test again as im sure if it was missing 1 in 5 notes wed have tons of threads on it but this is the first ive seen

Merlinius
03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
yes, i'm sure i clicked "save"

fozzy71
03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
yes, i'm sure i clicked "save"

Which Operating System? Is HM and your poker client both set to always run as administrator?

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Can you give us some detailed steps we can follow to try and reproduce it? Does it only happen if someone already has a note and icon assigned before you edit it? Or does it happen to people with no notes as well?

Merlinius
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Ok, I'll try to reproduce it later.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, and HM has administrator rights already.

Merlinius
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok, I guess I was wrong about the frequency of this problem. Yesterday it didn't happen nearly as often as 20% of the time. Still, it happened 2-3 times. I captured the error on video once:

YouTube - Player Notes.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHt5YZW98Xg)

At about 0:08 I change the icon from orange to purple, and as you see it immediately changes back. And this is not just about the icon but when it happens, all changes to the player notes are lost. I mean, it doesn't happen that often but still it happens 2-3 times a day and I guess I don't even notice it most of the time and my player note is lost.

see, i was not dreaming when it happened :D

morny
03-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks ill look into this and keep you updated

Kiropp
03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I have the same problem.

I already wrote about this http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/27952-sometimes-note-not-saved.html # post135610

zurp
03-23-2010, 07:07 AM
I captured the error on video once:

YouTube - Player Notes.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHt5YZW98Xg)

At about 0:08 I change the icon from orange to purple, and as you see it immediately changes back. And this is not just about the icon but when it happens, all changes to the player notes are lost. I mean, it doesn't happen that often but still it happens 2-3 times a day and I guess I don't even notice it most of the time and my player note is lost.

see, i was not dreaming when it happened :D

I have the same problem.
If you look at the HUD you can see that the stats are changing (H: from 414 to 415) when the player tries to save the notes.
I wonder if the problem doesn't come from a simultaneous save/HUD refresh ?

morny
03-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Possibly, ive asked Kiropp if he can do a session since it seems to happen to him a lot, anyone that has this issue where it happens a decent amount of time if you want to do a teamviewer session please email me support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread