PDA

View Full Version : Cc by cut off/position

MASTERHOLMES
03-09-2010, 05:39 AM
right now due to a bug i can't see my own coldcalling stat on the button (they been notified)
however I can see the range of percentage so if i take the percentage and put it into pokerstove..

cold call max 12.1 percent

hands from ace ten off upwards, ace nine suited upwards
almost any broadway but for king ten, queen jack/queen ten/jack ten
pocket pairs 7s upwards ,
no sixes, no 5s,, no ace 5s,no 87 suited
that is the max range of hands

button call 14.8
above
add in ace 7,ace 8s suited,
king nine suited, king ten suited
no queen jack, no queen ten off suit.

seems to me we are calling raises if we follow this with a lot of trouble hands, and i dont' think leakbuster intended it to be used like that..
but i think if we use this to manipulate the stat to take out most trouble hands but that those that connected and add in all pairs,, that might be doable for set minders,, or include all bottom ace suited to 5, and take out to 5 to 10.
the main point is to have a system for it i think.

let me use hold them manager to filter for my button cold call I am in the range, (of course my major weakness is cold calling three bets)
however I believe my range isnt' as tight as that,, and probaly included a lot of scs.

so if i was to reconfigure my own cold calling range of 14 while tightening it up a bit.
take out the aces, ace king, kings, and queens for they would be 3bet hands.
include all suited aces, all pocket pairs, and suited connectors from 67suited
and included queenjack king queen, and jack ten off suit for two pair/straight draws that leaves me a cc just below the recommended cold calling range.
but well within the cut off cold calling range.

interesting enought that will take me within the top range of the big blind 8 to 15 so one could in theory add in trouble hands vs button, and take them out for utg raiser and put in speculative suited hands.

what do you think leakbuster people ?

Leak Buster Support
03-09-2010, 06:04 AM
So if I'm deciphering this correctly, I think you're trying to say that the CC% in Leak Buster includes trouble hands, and these are giving you problems. Before I go any further, CC% and a players range % are different. So you can't take say 12% and plug it into pokerstove and represent an accurate cold calling range. Those stats function different.

Is that what you're trying to figure out and how it compares to CC%?

MASTERHOLMES
03-09-2010, 06:08 AM
i am saying the hand range of poker stove included trouble hands but I don't think you intended it to include trouble hands as you have a touble hand section in leakbuster,
which is why I took out the trouble hands except for suited high connectors, and put it pocket pairs, and suited aces,
as i figured this was the optimal between slightly tag and slightly lag.

but yes i am trying to figure out the cold calling number and how it applies to hands ranges.

Leak Buster Support
03-09-2010, 06:13 AM
It's still not 100% clear. Cold call ranges in leak buster can and should include some trouble hands. The point of the trouble hand section is to get you to understand which of those hands is giving you problems more often, and suggestions on how to correct those. So are small pairs giving you the most problems? Suited connectors, KJ, etc...?

MASTERHOLMES
03-09-2010, 06:20 AM
actually I realize that my cold call is good according to the leakbuster I was trying to adjust to avoid trouble hands, but that isnt' what was causing my leaks.

I think it would change as i looked at the hand in 3bets i said to myself I 3bet 56 suited ?. well what was going on then where is my leak.
and the leaks is in the 3bet call, example i raised pocket dueces utg and was 3bet so i figure him to be stealing from the button and called.

also in my micro games i got into the habit of minraising the absolute mininim in an effort to get intiative, so if I just called or folded,, my 3bet stat would change , and my cold call range would change.

so just changing the these two things, and then adjust the cold call on the button and cut off to adjust,, I should be to plug some major leaks.
at the very least some major ones from the leakbuster themselves.

Leak Buster Support
03-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I understand. I was also trying to point out that I don't believe CC% translates directly into a range. I'm sure there's a way you can figure out a range from this number, but it's not the same as say VPIP%, and taking that into pokerstove to figure a range. I could be wrong, and it's late, but just wanted to point that out.

MASTERHOLMES
03-09-2010, 06:23 AM
even with the cc number not directly translating into a hand chart for myself,
I learned a lot tonight and perhaps others will by reading this thread.

Leak Buster Support
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
That's good. That's the most important thing is that you're thinking about your game, and learning. Good job!