PDA

View Full Version : Is th "Raise First" stat based on whole table or just players played hands?

dalailama
03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I´ve never understood how some of these stats works.

For example, does the "Raise First" stat show how often the player raises based on the stats for the whole table or only his played hands?

Is it the same for, say, preflop raise?

morny
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Its based on the player

dalailama
03-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks..

just an example:

A player with a vpip of 20 and with a raise first of 8, basically play 20 % of the table hands and out of these 20 %, he raises first 8 % of the time?

morny
03-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Its based on opportunities, so a player always has an oppurtunity to Vpip so Vpip is based on all hands so 20% VPIP means he played 20% of all hes hands

If he had 8% raise first then it means he raised first 8% of the time when he had the opportunity, so if hes facing a raise or 3bet then he cant raise first so if he faced 10 3bets in a row and then he had an opportunity to raise first and he did then he would have a 100% raise first stat as the 10 3bets he faced are ignored

bluffsport
05-29-2011, 05:59 AM
I just tried to find out why the Raise 1st numbers can, unlike PFR, be higher than VPIP. Now I understand.

I think the explanation of Raise 1st on the stats defintion page could be better. Just to say Raise 1st is like PFR without 3-Bets or raises against limpers is obv. not enough. It should rather be explained as 'like Steal from any position'...