PDA

View Full Version : HEM activation - such a pice of shit!

fenhir
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I have suggested it some time before allready: When HEM activation fails because there is no connection possible to the activation-server and HEM was activated once before... HEM should fall back to the 15 day trial... In this 15 days it is then needed to activate again.

The way it is programmed now it is a denial-of-service for every of your customers.

I am really pissed now, as you can assume... I tried several times to reactivate and it says every time a connection is not possible... I can ping w w w. holdemmanager.net and can write in this forum -- so it is not a connection-problem on my side.

Hell, I have paid for this!... And I want it to work!... And besides that: I really dont want it to telephone home every few days -- as I cant trust it.

It should be enough that HEM activates one time or after an update... It should not activate online every other day.

Hell, if you are so paranoid to let it activate every week or so then do it at least in a way it does not disable itself completely when there is no connection possible and switch back to the trial-time instead.

Does PT3 the same denial-of-service to their customers?
Do you think a customer is king or just a cash-cow?

EDIT: Ok, narrowed the problem down: HEM uses Internet-Exploder-connection for the activation... This is your programming-fail #1... I have a proxy-configuration in IE, which I first have to establish through ssh... I have this configuration to not let IE phone home when it wants to... So HEM is activated now again... But this doesent change anything in the complaining above... It is ugly made from the programmers... It is paranoid... It phones home like Microsoft or any other trojan-horse... It is a denial-of-service when there is no connection (for example: When holdemmanager is broke, every installation will stop to work after a few days -- again: Hell, I have paid for this!)... So stop it ASAP!

Sa08
03-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Hello,

I bought holdem manager in September 2009 and when I tried to open it a few minutes ago (same computer as usual) I was asked to activate the software (again?).

It shouldn't have been a problem as I keeped the key registration, however, there was an error during the online activation.

This is probably due to the fact that I'm not able to connect to internet explorer and I really don't know why!

I am using firefox without any problem and I wish I'll be able to re-use holdem manager very soon.

I agree with the open poster; we all understand the safety issues are important but we shouldn't be deprived of our access to the software for such kind of problems.

A possibility of activating holdem manger using firefox should be proposed. Or anything that could bring the soft back to me...

I hope everything will be fixed very soon,

Sorry for my bad english

morny
03-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Next, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html]How to see hidden files in Windows
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/hidden.jpg
Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

If that doesnt work please try this:

1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug.txt
2. Open HM and register
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file
4. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: I Can't Activate & Register Holdem Manager (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/I+Can%27t+Activate+%26+Register+Holdem+Manager-) I Can't Activate & Register Holdem Manager (check the proxy settings)
5. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+) - Using Revo Uninstaller (uninstall HM with Revo FREE and reinstall it)

the millionaire
07-10-2010, 10:46 AM
u dont want this garbage. did u notice after they get your money they are all done with you.its all about how much money can they get as usual.support sucks once they get your money. i would think you would be better off buying pt3. maybe they have a support team that would help you.i can tell you i have purchased 3 products and after they get the money they are done with you. i would never ever reccommend this bullshit to my worst enemy. and everyone i know plays poker online, but i wont let them buy any of this friggin garbage.

_Loki_
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
u dont want this garbage. did u notice after they get your money they are all done with you.its all about how much money can they get as usual.support sucks once they get your money. i would think you would be better off buying pt3. maybe they have a support team that would help you.i can tell you i have purchased 3 products and after they get the money they are done with you. i would never ever reccommend this bullshit to my worst enemy. and everyone i know plays poker online, but i wont let them buy any of this friggin garbage.

No I never noticed that - I'm the reverse - I'm pleased at how good the support is
The support is one of the strengths of HM :)
This thread is about HM activation - is that one of your problems ?
This is your first 'millionaire' post & you give no details of the 3 products nor the problem(s) you're having

morny
07-10-2010, 03:28 PM

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear you've had a bad experience but you haven't mentioned specifically what the problem is, i checked our email system and i couldn't find any emails from you to see what problem you had that support weren't able to help with, maybe you used a different email. If you used a different email please let me know and ill look into your tickets and investigate any issues. In general our support usually replies in a timely manner and we have several support staff monitoring the forums and emails on a daily basis all year round so id be happy to look into why your issue wasn't resolved in a satisfactory manner.