PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! for SNG HUD users...

ParalyzingKings
03-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Ok.. First off not sure if this is even possible, most likely it's not since I can't seem to find a way. But, I know there are people out there that know far more then me, so I'm hoping it is.

I play multi-table SNGs. (I'm sure this would be just as helpful for single table as well.)

I need some way to see the effect that the number of BBs a player has, has on his actions. The majority of the tough decisions in a SNG, HAVE to have the number of BBs a player has factored into them. I know I can have HUD display the number of BBs a player has, but I need deeper.

Here's what I'm looking for. The default PreFlop pop out main section showing action by position. BUT, with say 3 different sections... Say one for with greater than 15 BBs, one for 15-10BBs, and one for less than 10 BBs. (plus showing the number of hands you have on them at that BB amount.)

If there is not a way to do this. I can't think of something that would be more beneficial to SNG players for HEM to develop.

I appreciate the help! And thank you again HEM for such a great product.

The1one
03-07-2010, 03:18 AM
well, I guesss you could color code it.

ParalyzingKings
03-07-2010, 07:56 AM
well, I guesss you could color code it.

Thank you for your reply. But I believe your missing what I'm going for by a good bit.

I would like the pop out to have 3 of these:
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4190/preflopcn3.jpg

Each applying to when a player has a certain number of BBs. >15, 15-10, <10.

So for example, I could see the percentage an opponent is raising from the CO with <10 BBs, and also see the percentage he is raising from the CO with >15BBs.

Hope this makes sense to someone out there.

The Minder
03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
What you're suggesting does make sense, but I would offer the following.

Ring players have the ability to build a considerable knowledge base (either through playing against the same villains lots of times or buying hands from dataminers) where something like what you propose might be viable. However, SnG players tend to move around (at different tables, different SnG sizes and buy-ins) and the chances of sitting at the same table with the same villain under the same circumstances is very remote. I've been playing the same SnGs on a regular basis for about 4 years and at best have about 500 hands overall on less than a handful of villains.

I do not feel the data you could accumulate would be sufficiently detailed to allow meaningful decisions.

ParalyzingKings
03-08-2010, 05:29 AM
I understand what you are saying. But in the games I play I run into the same players non-stop.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6297/handsk.png

With having that data over just the first 3 months of the year. And playing in a SNG structure where majority of the "important" parts the avg stack is <15BBs, accumulating data would not be a problem.

Even if there was an opponent that I only had 150 hands on. With the structure the way it is I would be almost guaranteed to have at least a handful of hands on them at times when they had >15BBs, 10-15BBs, and <10BBs.

And just with that small amount of data and seeing that an opponents PFR from the SB with <10BBs is 90% as opposed to when they have >10BBs and a PFR from the SB of 20%. Even if it is just over a few hands. Makes my call with A2 100x easier.

The Minder
03-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Fair enuff PK.

I'm not sure you get much enthusiasm from RVG by going alone on this. I'd encourage you to cross link this thread to this one http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/26537-calling-all-tournament-regs.html.

Glad to see another SnG/MTT player on board.