PDA

View Full Version : Hands importing, not showing up anywhere, not enough admin rights?

criztal
07-21-2012, 09:40 AM
First off, everything worked fine.. until i wanted to make my computer more secure by creating one admin account and one standard account and using the standard acc by default (with UAC enabled because that's the whole point and shouldn't interfere with HEM) i clicked hmhud.exe, holdemmanager.exe, DBControlpanel.exe , hmimport.exe to always "run as admin", i turned off windows 7 built-in firewall (and put exceptions for the programs anyway + postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe) and i have no 3rd party fw, only Avira antivir.
So I can start and run HEM, hands importing but no HUD stats showing at the table, and nothing at all in reports.
I tried table finder, says no "unattached hands were found" and funny thing is in the HUD there is also 1 handhistory replayer under the active table, when i click it it opens and shuts down immediately.
So i searched the forums and saw that i also should run postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe as admin, so i did. Now HEM wont start, i get "The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

I tried to "stop" and "start" postgres service.. well it stops fine but wouldn't start again, so i had to remove "run as admin" for postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe for it to work again..
Seems like i'm lacking some admin rights somewhere, please help.

edit: and i've updated to the latest beta and windows update is also up to date.

Edit2: I put everything as "run as admin" again and deleted \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file and now i got "failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1..

Patvs
07-21-2012, 06:39 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

--

I would delete the 'regular' account completely,.... and run everything from the admin account.
Also turn off UAC and reboot.