PDA

View Full Version : Plugging Leaks - Article 2 - Hole Cards

tontobird
07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Hole Cards - Pocket Pairs

I ran the report on hole cards and loaded the hole card filter.

It's showing 97 pocket pairs out of 50,000+ hands.

I know that's not accurate.

I've checked various settings and can't get any changes.

This causes me to be concerned about the accuracy of some of the other stats.

Edit:

For example, if I don't run the filter I show AA 234 times, with the filter, 7 times.

Again, it has me wondering about the other stats coming from the filters.

Rvg72
07-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Do you happen to play full ring? I actually set the filter to be 4 to 6 handed for some reason - well I know why I did it but looking back it was not the best idea. Go into the filters tab and change # players from 2 to 10

Thanks,

Roy

tontobird
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes I do play Full Ring.

Actually I guess it makes sense that you've got the filters set for 6 max, given that the articles and data given are geared towards 6 max.

Thanks!!

tontobird
07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
What a relief, I'm not losing money stealing!! LOL

tontobird
07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
OK, I've found what needs to be changed.

However, it keeps changing back, I have to reset it everytime I reload a new filter. I have to reset it even if I go back and reload a filter that I've already used.

It's driving me crazy.

Also it seems that the filter for HU no pre flop raise is bringing up hands in which there was a raise.

morny
07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
When you change the filter the next time goto Filter> Save and give it a new name like say PocketPairsFullRing. Then that will save the new updates under that name so you wont need to change it everytime.

Also i presume that heads up no PFR is hands where the Hero hasnt raised PF but there could possibly be a raise from someone else. At least thats the way the filter is setup

morny
07-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Ok ive also edited all the files to include 2-10 instead of 4-6.

You need to copy these files to the Filters folder in the Holdem Manager directory and when it asks to overwrite the files then choose Yes to All or Yes. This will save you having to edit them and have 2 different files for each filter.

morny
07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
And heres the rest

tontobird
07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks morny.

I understood the filter wrong, but now in thinking about it, it makes sense.

I thought it meant no preflop raise whatsoever, but thinking back on the description of how to evaluate the data, I remember it saying it helps to judge how you're doing if you're not the preflop aggressor....meaning someone else may have been the preflop aggressor. I think it was the comment about no extra padding in the pot that confused me, as if there had been no raise at all.

I'll try your tip and adding the other filters.

HesseJames
08-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Just wanted to say that I loved the article and its well invested time in the exercise. I discovered that I seem to be good enough at most things but discovered three to four gaping holes, especially with the connectors and the multiway pots which in total have cost me like 2 BB/100 over 100000 hands. Might be the difference between a 2BB/100 player and a 4BB/100 player :p (I know: sample size too low :o).

Just for the record: I am using EV$ and EV BB/100 for the whole exercise since I have only 100.000 hands at FR 100 so far. I think it gives a much better result for low sample sizes.

The 2nd article was also great.

To sum it up: I hope that most people will be just too lazy to go through all this. :D

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Great to hear. The next one will be a really good one for everyone, from small stakes beginners to high stakes pro's. Should be out this week

Roy

FacePlant the Felt
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Great to hear. The next one will be a really good one for everyone, from small stakes beginners to high stakes pro's. Should be out this week

Roy

The week is almost over Roy. :)
Can we please have a look at this filter.:D

Rvg72
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
The week is almost over Roy. :)
Can we please have a look at this filter.:D

hehe, sorry focusing on the 1.06.02 release right now. I'm probably about half way through the article though. You know that if a person 3bets you 10% of the time in a given spot (note the difference between this and saying vs a 10% 3 bettor since it is very important) you can reraise with the intention of getting it all-in (for 1 buyin) with hands as low as AQo or TT and be +ev regardless of his 4bet calling range. Some people might already know this, I think most do not.

Roy