PDA

View Full Version : high resource usage

MassaTheChamp
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi!

Sometimes HM and HM HUD use alot of CPU and memory, so that i can't play because of freezing,.. I always use TN also, have everything set to run as administrator, latest updates... What is the cause of this?

thanx

ps.: the snapshot was taken AFTER i finished playing...

morny
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Mine uses similar amounts, if you open up a couple of internet explorers or a poker client youll also find its using around a similar amount of memory or most poker clients will use that amount of memory, as for CPU i see its at 90% but Import is using 42%, whats using the other 50%?

Sometimes this can be an antivirus trying to scan every file that you import, adding exceptions or trying completely uninstall it to rule it out, also Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill make sure you dont have any loops setup that could cause this issue

MassaTheChamp
03-05-2010, 01:55 PM
That would be great. I have no idea what also uses the CPU. I use AVG, adaware and comodo firewall. I also recently switched from firefox to chrome, if that can have anything to do with it.

morny
03-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Config file looks fine, try completely uninstalling AVG, adaware and comodo and see if that makes a difference then install them one by one and see which one might be doing it?

MassaTheChamp
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey!

My laptop crashed after i was making some adjustments to the windows 7 to speed things up (i think defragmentation was the cause). I reinstalled the system, but now i have HEM turned off while i play and so i can't have HUD enabled (because it freezes PS and HM). I play in stacked mode, while also using table ninja, between 20-30 tables. But HM can't handle that so i am planning on buying a new machine with every hardware that is best for HM in a few weaks (i will come by this forum to ask for advice).

Should i be able to use HM HUD with my specs on over 20 tables?
- acer aspire 6920g, 7 ultimate, intel core duo, 3gb ram

Also, today i noticed something strange in the task manager...check the attachment.

PS: now i am using just COMODO (antivirus, firewall, spyware)

fozzy71
03-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Have you tried disabling the Frames in TableNinja to see if it reduces the lag while using HM/HUD? That seems to help many people, and if you play stacked you dont need the frames.

Multiple postgres processes is normal.

_Loki_
03-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi MassaTheChimp

Those postgres.exe's (9 of them) ? That's normal - I've got HM closed right now & I'm not using postgreSQL (pgAdminIII isn't open for example) & I've got 5 of 'em in taskmanager. They are not eating CPU or memory.

Regarding high resource usage - you might enjoy reading this thread by funkyworms re what can be achieved with very little - a netbook (& a 0-size DB & no TN I admit)

Netbook + HEM + HUD + 20 Stars Tables - Computer Technical Help - Software and Hardware Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48/computer-technical-help/netbook-hem-hud-20-stars-tables-551844/)

_Loki_
03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Fozzy - just noticed your join date - sept 1971

you pre-empted tim berners-lee by a large margin :)

MassaTheChamp
03-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Yesterday i played up to 25!!! tables with HUD enabled, using also TN and everything worked untill a new table appeared. HM and PS crashed and now i know the limit ;) I think the problem was firefox... It gave me this message alot: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." So i reinstalled it after deleting everything from profile folder and now i don't have CPU usage problems anymore. Strange :p