PDA

View Full Version : POSTSQL PROBLEM AHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

IhatePostSQL
03-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Everytime i try to re-install different versions like 8.4 or 8.3 it wont allow me and freezes up. I tried 1 hour teamviewer session with Morty with no luck. I have windows 7 and 1 week old system. HELP!!

I've spent far too long trying to figure this out and losing my sanity.

morny
03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
I dont think this is a standard PostgreSQL issue, its likely something in your configuration or system files got messed up and your best solution other than visiting the PostgreSQL forums is to try and do a reinstall if possible

We tried several versions of postgeSQL 8.3 and 8.4, tried installing on different ports, tried installing on different drives and something keeps freezing the install so its something out of the ordinary causing the issue

IhatePostSQL
03-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Is there any other option you can think of other than the last resort of reinstalling windows?

thx

morny
03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I honestly cant think of what else you can try, its not that postgreSQL wont connect, its the installer wont finish so google postgreSQL forum and try posting on some of the PostgreSQL forums, ive only a intermediate knowledge of PostgreSQL from working with holdem manager but the people on those forums will have a lot more in depth experience