PDA

View Full Version : How can I recover the hands?

mula
03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Hello

I have recently formatted my primary partition and only made a backup of my HUD configuration (correctly exported).

The problem is, since I have created a folder in another partition (which wasn't formatted), I thought I could recover easily recover de hands just "showing" the old folder to HM and setting it to save the newer hands in it again. But I could not find a way to do, then I realized that postgresql exists... is there anything I could do? If I copy all the files inside the "\pkrhands\HM", paste into another folder and then ask HM to import them using auto-import, would it work?

Thank you!

fozzy71
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Yes, you need to manually import your original/archived hands. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Import From Folder > \HMArchive

Then just make sure your auto import folders for live play are properly configured for your sites. You do not want a bulk hand history folder like your archive to be setup as an auto import folder. You also want to be sure your \HMArchive folder is not in the same path as one of your other auto import folders.

mula
03-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes, you need to manually import your original/archived hands. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Import From Folder > \HMArchive

Then just make sure your auto import folders for live play are properly configured for your sites. You do not want a bulk hand history folder like your archive to be setup as an auto import folder. You also want to be sure your \HMArchive folder is not in the same path as one of your other auto import folders.

Thank you so much for the information, I have just requested the hand history, I hope it would reach a lot of bytes! :o