PDA

View Full Version : when I go to tourney results> details.......

The1one
03-03-2010, 01:06 PM
it shows all games played but I had 2 min cashes out of 19 games and they aren't showing up. Any Idea why?

fozzy71
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
What site, what type of games, and what version of HM? You should be able to edit the tourney results on the Dataview tab by right-clicking the game in question.

Pokerstars?

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

The1one
03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I found the Edit button to be much easier, But OMFG all that other stuff you said sounds redic difficult. I write down all the games played and finish position and cash. This can be manipulated to read very strong results. But I guess the only person you're lying to is yourself.

acnjcrabby1
03-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I understand Stars doesn't write tournament histories to your hard drive like the other sites do, and I haven't tried to fix it in a few weeks (got sick of it). I've been forced to use OPR along with HEM to track my tournament results, along with manually editing the tournaments (20 tables and under) in HEM (cuz it's not that much of a pain in the azz).

Fozzy, when you say "Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries"..... Would that be the same as "request full playing audit"?

The reason I ask is because the last time I attempted to fix this issue, I did what you recommended (I emailed Stars and asked them, word for word, what you told me to), and they said I could get the same thing accomplished by "request(ing) full playing audit" in the Stars lobby....

Last question...... Do you manually import tournament histories the same way you would with hand histories? Can someone walk me through it?

fozzy71
03-03-2010, 03:10 PM

Fozzy, when you say "Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries"..... Would that be the same as "request full playing audit"?

No

That is a transaction of every deposit, cashout, buyin/buyout of tables.

The reason I ask is because the last time I attempted to fix this issue, I did what you recommended (I emailed Stars and asked them, word for word, what you told me to), and they said I could get the same thing accomplished by "request(ing) full playing audit" in the Stars lobby....

They didn't understand. Tell them you need every individual hand history and tournament summary for importing to Holdem Manager.

Last question...... Do you manually import tournament histories the same way you would with hand histories? Can someone walk me through it?

Yes, they usally come attached to the email as .HTM files. You Import File(s) and HM will ask you to search/select your screen name that the summaries are associated with.

acnjcrabby1
03-05-2010, 01:39 AM
OK Fozzy, I followed your instructions and here's what I got. 2htm's of tournaments and S&G's, which I did what you said with them, and it seems to have fixed the issue with field sizes being incorrect.... But my rebuys aren't showing up in HEM (and they are clearly in the files Stars sent).
Also, less importantly, the few most recent tourneys imported - a couple came back incomplete, and the "sum" box is unchecked in the last few.
Lastly, they also sent me 3 zip files containing hand histories (which I don't think I need, because my hand importing has never been a problem).
Do I have to keep a pad and paper to manually track rebuys?

fozzy71
03-05-2010, 12:09 PM
OK Fozzy, I followed your instructions and here's what I got. 2htm's of tournaments and S&G's, which I did what you said with them, and it seems to have fixed the issue with field sizes being incorrect.... But my rebuys aren't showing up in HEM (and they are clearly in the files Stars sent).

HM is unable to track any rebuy's

Also, less importantly, the few most recent tourneys imported - a couple came back incomplete, and the "sum" box is unchecked in the last few.

You probably need to request your most recent summaries from the lobby and import them.

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

Lastly, they also sent me 3 zip files containing hand histories (which I don't think I need, because my hand importing has never been a problem).

I would just save those ZIPs in your \HMArchive in case you ever need them. If you wanted to be certain you have every hand imported you could try importing them. It should be relatively quick as HM skips over duplicate hands rather quickly.

Do I have to keep a pad and paper to manually track rebuys?

Yes, you will have to edit any rebuy tourneys manually.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Data View (Tourney Results Sub-Tab) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/181/Data+View+(Tourney+Results+Sub-Tab))

acnjcrabby1
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
"Yes, you will have to edit any rebuy tourneys manually"

That's pretty disappointing man..... 25-40% of the tournaments I play are rebuys.

Maybe in a future update, we can make it so HEM can track them (especially since rebuys are included in the histories sent by Stars)?

Otherwise, thanks for all your help.

fozzy71
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
I believe it is on the developers to-do list, as I recall some inter-company email discussion about it, but I don't know how easy it is for them or how soon it will happen.

acnjcrabby1
03-07-2010, 02:44 AM
When you request tourney histories (as Fozzy says - PokerStars>Lobby>Requests>Tournament History>200), they don't sent the same thing as when you email and ask them for EVERY hand and tournament history to import to HEM (as I did a few days ago). They only send the most recent 5 tournaments played with all the info (# entries, prize pool info, finish position). The rest show only buy-in, time started, time finished.

Fozzy, It seems like you have to email them and actually ask them to send you every tournament HISTORY (not summary), and tell them it's for HEM. Because the "Request" thing in the lobby doesn't send the right info, and apparently HEM can't import the "full playing audit(s)" either.

Also, when trying to import anything from text (desktop>new text, then copy and paste from email>save), I get a message "The file contains characters in Unicode format which will be lost if you save this file as an ANSI encoded text file.....", and you can't save it that way because (I'm guessing) HEM can't read if you do (I got 40 import errors).... WTF?

I can see how HEM can be a very helpful tool, but to be totally honest, this has really been 2 months of headaches..... For the most part, you can keep the HUD. I just wanna track my own stats/results!

The1one
03-07-2010, 02:54 AM
I just e mailed them and told them I missing data imported through PS to my HEM. I told them its importing the game type/Buy in. but its not recording the cashes and I'm getting incorrect information.

Lets see what they say. Also, If you put the name of the PS rep that helped you, you will deal with him directly.

fozzy71
03-08-2010, 09:56 AM

Fozzy, It seems like you have to email them and actually ask them to send you every tournament HISTORY (not summary), and tell them it's for HEM. Because the "Request" thing in the lobby doesn't send the right info,

It has always worked fine for me. Try using notepad++ instead of microsoft notepad.

and apparently HEM can't import the "full playing audit(s)" either.

No, this is a record of every deposit, cashout, transfer, table buyin/cashout, etc. Any time money went in or our of your cashier, it is recorded here. Tourney histories contain tourney number, finish place, prize, etc.

Also, when trying to import anything from text (desktop>new text, then copy and paste from email>save), I get a message "The file contains characters in Unicode format which will be lost if you save this file as an ANSI encoded text file.....", and you can't save it that way because (I'm guessing) HEM can't read if you do (I got 40 import errors).... WTF?

Use Notepad++

derMuehle
03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi fozzy71

i have the same problem that in HM by the MTT it's not showing the winnings and the "size" is also wrong.

I played in a MTT with 1541 people but in HM it says the size was only 233!!!

I know ordered from PokerStars (how u said) the HandHistory, I became a few ZIP files. But when I copy them into a txt file and upload them to HM it still says only 233 people and no winning but I was ITM by this tournament.

Can u help me?

THX

netsrak
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
You don't need the handhistories, you need the summaries:

Pokerstars > Requests > Tournament Histories...
and import the data from the mail: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

The1one
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
thanks for all the help guys, Ive tried all the above mentioned tips, and still have 234 un completed tourneys in the HEM and no results. Manually editing 3-5 tourneys a day insnt that bad, but when I put in a 23 games session its a lil aggrevating.

Is HEM working on something to help this problem?

morny
03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
please email the hands and also the corresponding summaries to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

The1one
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
ty morny doing it now

The Minder
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm going to inject some thoughts here, not as a hijack but perhaps to add more 'evidence'.

I often have the problem where importing PS tourney summaries does not appear to work. I've got 25 years in the IT industry so forget about thinking I screwed up the data request to PS, cut and paste to a txt file and/or import into HM.

It goes like this. I create a new db and start using it... updating with PS tourney summaries when required. After a week or two I notice that the comments on Import > Import Files about how many hands/files etc does not appear. This is a subtle difference from when things 'go right' so it's easy to miss. From this point on I find that importing tourney summaries may, or may not, update the db. Some tournies don't get updated, others do.

I hasten to add that at this point I will save the PS tourney summary data in both ANSI and UTF-8 format and low and behold while the UTF-8 format no longer fully updates the db, the ANSI file does and everything looks sweet... although I am now concerned about the loss of formating and has that changed the dynamics of the players list/data within HM.

I don't think having The1One send you files so you can test it on your computers will do anything because you will be importing into a new database. That's not where the problem lies, imo. The1One's db is not being updated because there is a (subtle) corruption in his db, not yours.

The1one
03-11-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm going to inject some thoughts here, not as a hijack but perhaps to add more 'evidence'.

I often have the problem where importing PS tourney summaries does not appear to work. I've got 25 years in the IT industry so forget about thinking I screwed up the data request to PS, cut and paste to a txt file and/or import into HM.

It goes like this. I create a new db and start using it... updating with PS tourney summaries when required. After a week or two I notice that the comments on Import > Import Files about how many hands/files etc does not appear. This is a subtle difference from when things 'go right' so it's easy to miss. From this point on I find that importing tourney summaries may, or may not, update the db. Some tournies don't get updated, others do.

I hasten to add that at this point I will save the PS tourney summary data in both ANSI and UTF-8 format and low and behold while the UTF-8 format no longer fully updates the db, the ANSI file does and everything looks sweet... although I am now concerned about the loss of formating and has that changed the dynamics of the players list/data within HM.

I don't think having The1One send you files so you can test it on your computers will do anything because you will be importing into a new database. That's not where the problem lies, imo. The1One's db is not being updated because there is a (subtle) corruption in his db, not yours.
I heard PT3 has no problem updating the files, and all the results show up, so I don't think the problem is PS not saving the files to the hard drive, it has to be the way HEM is importing them from my PC. kinda like what the above post is saying.

The1one
03-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I also think it has something to do with late registation. When you bust before the tourney is done registering, I think it stops importing right there. But then again I have a ton(234) 18 man SNG that have wrong data. so basically this post is irrelevant.

morny
03-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Just to note this issue was because he was importing xls files instead of html/txt/xml summaries

The1one
03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Just to note this issue was because he was importing xls files instead of html/txt/xml summaries

so How can i fix it morny

The1one
03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
so to avoid duplicate HH Im gonna delete everything in feb till now. This was very helpfull thread. Thanks so much guys. Im gonna try to re upload it now and let you guys know If this works, and from now on will request My HH's this way.

This totally worked TYTYTYTYYTY

The1one
03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Is there any way I can change the way PS saves my HH's to my PC? Or am I just going to have to update my HEM once a week?

morny
03-11-2010, 06:50 PM
AFAIK full tilt are the only ones that save summaries to your hard drive, you need to request it for all the other sites

The1one
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
dup. post.

The1one
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
AFAIK full tilt are the only ones that save summaries to your hard drive, you need to request it for all the other sites

FML this is tedious. all this back and forth with PS.