PDA

View Full Version : Currency bug after restoring DB

caladin
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
After I restored my DB, the currency dosen't work properly, I've notivced that I now have more of the same currency rates in HEM, see the picture. 'I guess that must be the reason, that HEM dosen't calculate the currency propperly.

fozzy71
03-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Are you sure you followed the restore steps exactly? Did you create the new DB in the HM DB Control Panel or by using PGAdmin? Which encoding was your old DB and which encoding did you pick for the restoration DB?

caladin
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Are you sure you followed the restore steps exactly? Did you create the new DB in the HM DB Control Panel or by using PGAdmin? Which encoding was your old DB and which encoding did you pick for the restoration DB?

I have tried both metods, with the same encoding, there must be some sort of bug when restoring, since I get multi rates of the same currency after restoring the DB.

morny
03-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Did you create a completely blank database via PGadmin and restore the database to that or did you restore to the same database you were already using?

caladin
03-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Did you create a completely blank database via PGadmin and restore the database to that or did you restore to the same database you were already using?

First I created a new database in HEM under "Database Management" and set it to default and started HEM up, and closed HEM again. I then restored my backup database, in the new database, under PGadmin. With the result above, I have done it a few times, I did also try to play a few hand before the restore without the currency bug, but after the restore I the bug was back.

morny
03-04-2010, 10:14 AM
You need to create the new database via PGadmin as per this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database) then restore to that database not the one created in database management

caladin
03-04-2010, 02:04 PM
You need to create the new database via PGadmin as per this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database) then restore to that database not the one created in database management

It seams to work now, when I did it as describe in the FAQ, thaks alot.