PDA

View Full Version : Problems on Vista

etant39
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I am running PostgreSQL 8.3 and Vista, have disabled User Account Control, have ensured that all necessary programs are being run as Admin. I tried disabling the firewall completely but to no avail. I continually get this message, Connection establishment timeout: Increase timeout value in connection string. Sometimes I get it when I first start HM, sometimes I don't. When I do, I have to stop it and restart the program, sometimes several times. I used the same steps that morny gave in the thread:

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=2591&highlight=timeout

Now my PostgresSQL is running on local system and not starting at all.
Anyways, it has been extremely frustrating and I have no idea where to go from here. Please Help!!!

Josh

morny
09-30-2008, 01:05 PM
You can change back to the previous settings by chaging back from local system account to This account and then type .\postgres or .\myusername if you didnt use the default.

Then you should uninstall both your firewall and antivirus. Uninstall PostgreSQL and reinstall postgreSQL then you can reinstall your firewall and antivirus and add HM to the exception list. Like i mentioned this is always to do with firewall or antivirus or similar program blocking access to the postgreSQL database and its usually much quicker to uninstall and reinstall

etant39
09-30-2008, 07:39 PM
I uninstalled Norton, the firewall, etc. reinstalled HM and Postgressql the postgressql is not working now. I still get the timeout message connection string message. I feel like im back at sqare 1. Would like to do a team viewer session or something. because i've been messing with this for about 5 hours or so. pretty frustrated

Josh

etant39
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Please help. I'm it my wit's end with this. Havent gotten anywhere in 3 days. It's actually gotten way worse. I cant even get on the internet now. Im on a different computer. Please help!

Josh

morny
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
email me and well do a www.teamviewer.com session morny@holdemmanager.net

etant39
10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks Morny.