PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager Download not working!!!

OregonRick
03-01-2010, 08:54 PM
:mad: I downloaded holdem manager, but haven't gotten to the part yet where I am suppose to enter the serial number. When I click on my HoldemManager icon, it says that I need to download Microsoft.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1. I've tried that twice now, and I keep getting the following error message:

[03/01/10,15:27:57] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS). MSI returned error code -2147418113
[03/01/10,15:28:53] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS) is not installed.
[03/01/10,15:59:03] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS). MSI returned error code -2147418113
[03/01/10,15:59:40] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS) is not installed.

How the heck do I get Holdem Manager to work?

fozzy71
03-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Download and run this uninstaller - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Make sure windows is fully updated.

start > all programs > windows update

OregonRick
03-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Nothing happens when I click on the link to download and uninstall the file. It asks me if I want to open it or save it. I clicked open. Nothing started getting uninstalled after that. What do I do?

Should I just go to the uninstall section on my computer and do it that way?

netsrak
03-02-2010, 06:45 AM
You can try that or you save the download file and start it locally after the download.

OregonRick
03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
So I uninstalled Holdem Manager, and reinstalled it. I am having the exact same problem. My Holdem Manager can't be opened.

Is it possible for me to get my Holdem Manager to work? I have been using poker tracker for a couple of years now. I want Holdem Manager because it sounds better.I would really like to be able to get it to work. Do I need to give up and look into getting my payment refunded?

FutureInsights
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
So I uninstalled Holdem Manager, and reinstalled it. I am having the exact same problem. My Holdem Manager can't be opened.

Did you reinstall the .net from the link above? I actually went to the microsft site, since there are 2 versions for Windows.

I downloaded the trial version, which installed postgres sql 8.4x. Prompted me to download the .net framework update (so I didn't have the Postgres service running). You are using Poker Tracker 3, this may be a problem. If you download the Combo Installer for Holdem Manager, it installs Postgres 8.4x, while PT3 is using Postgres 8.3x. The 2 are not compatible.

I went to the Microsoft site itself, 2 different installs, one for x64 systems, and one for x86 systems. If you are the typical home user, and don't have 64 bit, you will need the x86 system (the site lets you know).

Found some info by googling your error. Please try turning the postgres service you have to manual. (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, Postgres, Stop Service, set to Manual).

Make sure Poker Tracker 3 is turned off.

Reboot Machine (especially after uninstalling Holdem Manger - if it did install 8.4x Postres SQL, you will need to uninstall that also). Helps if you do a defragl.

P.S., I had to do this on my machine also, but I didn't have to uninstall anything. If you are uniinstalling Postgres, then you have to delete the .net user Postgres, however, your Poker Tracker will then not work.

PPS, due to HW and SW conflicts, I have auto updates turned off. When installing the 3.5 .net update, it installed the necessary updates along with it (I have the auto update feature of windows set to manual).

So your best hope? Make sure everything from Holdem Manager is Uninstalled. Run the Postgres Admin III tools from the menu, right click and then click run as administrator. Make sure the version is 8.3x, or that you are even able to start it.

Got into windows services, makes sure postgres SQL is set to manual, and the service is stopped.

If you are running any other third party applications, make sure they are stopped also (no problem installing with Mcafee firewall and avast running).

I'm not sure about Internet Explorer, but all work was done from the Firefox browser.

Now try updating the .net framework. For troubleshooting, see the Microsoft Help files associated with installing the upgrade. It will require more system resources than the 2.0x .net. Once you get it successfully installed, try downloading again, making sure the installer is NOT installing another version of Postgres.

After that, you will need to make sure Holdem Manager communicates with the Postgres SAL Database.

Others feel free to correct anything here.

Is it possible for me to get my Holdem Manager to work? I have been using poker tracker for a couple of years now. I want Holdem Manager because it sounds better.I would really like to be able to get it to work. Do I need to give up and look into getting my payment refunded?

fozzy71
03-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Were you able to reinstall the dotnet framework?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Is windows fully updated?

If none of that helps, I would suggest a clean reinstall:

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems (http://www.revouninstaller.com) using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

OregonRick
03-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I don't really want to delete my pokertracker just to get HM working. They have different postgresql? When installing HM, I have left postgresql unchecked because I knew that I already had it with my pokertracker3. Can I only have HM of PT3? Not both?

What do I do now? If it's not something fairly simple, I am just going to try to get a refund. I'm not a computer wiz, and I don't want to pull my hair out trying to figure something out that shoud be somewhat simple to begin with.

michael123
03-03-2010, 07:09 AM
yes you are right, i will try

fozzy71
03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
You just need to use your SQL settings from PT for the HM connection.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

Start HM > Options > Database Management > Password:

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back
to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+(PostgreSQL)/)