PDA

View Full Version : missing ongame hands, fixed with new database

Artagas
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey, i had the following (somewhat weird problem) using hem:

For the last 4-5 sessions it missed a lot of hands I played (but imported some). (Yes i tried clearing filter, and all the usual "mojo" that never helps anyways - and no they did not help.)

The missing hands were there in the .txt files created by the ongame (bwin) client. Tried reimporting them into my db - nothing.

Wanted to test if it is a parser problem or a db problem so i created a new database, imported the files - puff the missing hands were there.
Now I really do not wish to start using a new db since reimporting all the hands from my old db would take well over a week.
Anybody has any guesses what could be the cause of the problem and how i can fix it without starting a fresh db?

Thanks a lot.

Artagas
07-17-2012, 09:58 PM
sorry posted under the wrong forum, please move to hm1 bug section

Patvs
07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Update: HM1: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_14Jul2012.exe

Create a new database (just as a test) and import a small sample of recent hands.
If they show up in the NEW database... and do not show up in the old database.. unfortunately you'll have to reimport ALL hands into the new database.

Artagas
07-18-2012, 04:56 AM
Thanks for replying but, i have to respectfully ask if you even read my original post.

I already done all you suggested (the usual "mojo" includes updating to most recent version) and created new db and imported a small sample, and as I already described in the OP (and say so in the title) they do import into the new db fine.

My questions were:
1) How the hack is it possible that the same file imports fine into the new db but not into the old db. I mean sorry but this is not garage freeware, what kind of programming is this.
2) Any ways to "save" the old db? (Would be easier if somebody had a clue what went wrong with it)

Patvs
07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Database corruption is very common.
You should reimport all your hands into a new database once a year.

You can save the old database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase
But it would save a 'corrupt' database. Ideally, export your hands, (and export your notes, etc.) then reimport everything into a new database.