PDA

View Full Version : Zoom stats not available in "PLAYERS" under HEM1? Some Hud stats not showing.

slowjoe
07-17-2012, 05:46 PM
I am using HEM 1 on Zoom on Pokerstars.

I have found a couple of problems:
First, I cannot see the players I have played at Zoom in the player list (in fact, the stakes I played Zoom at, but didn't play non-Zoom games did not appear in the stakes list.

Second, some stats do not populate in the HUD.
In particular, "fold to 3bet" and "cbet" don't seem to show for most players. They are shown in the popups.

Patvs
07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Update: HM1: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_14Jul2012.exe

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/641/How+to+setup+Holdem+Manager+to+run+with+Pokerstars +Zoom+tables

Known issue: is when a player has a "&" character in his name this can still cause problems.

slowjoe
07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Update: HM1: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_14Jul2012.exe

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/641/How+to+setup+Holdem+Manager+to+run+with+Pokerstars +Zoom+tables

Known issue: is when a player has a "&" character in his name this can still cause problems.

Thanks for the quick response.

I installed this, ran it as administrator, and checked the stats. Zoom players show up in the "vs Players" window, but not in the "Players" window.

Patvs
07-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Zoom not being a selectable stake in the PLAYERS tab is also a known issue, which still has to be fixed.

slowjoe
07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Zoom not being a selectable stake in the PLAYERS tab is also a known issue, which still has to be fixed.

Can you provide an estimate of when a fix for this is likely to be available. It seems to me that it is either a tiny fix, or a more substantial piece of work, and it would be nice to have a view from inside the dev/support team.

Patvs
07-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Ticket HMONE-65.
I have no eta when this will be fixed. The status of the ticket is "high priority--> fixed in next official build"
implying it is fixed in the final build of 1.12.11

slowjoe
07-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Ticket HMONE-65.
I have no eta when this will be fixed. The status of the ticket is "high priority--> fixed in next official build"
implying it is fixed in the final build of 1.12.11

Thanks again.

Is there a target date for 1.12.11?

netsrak
07-19-2012, 04:23 AM
We have no official ETA for it.

slowjoe
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
We have no official ETA for it.

When were 1.12.10 and 1.12.9 released, so I can join the dots?

For identifying exploitable opponents in Zoom, this is an essential feature. Is there any possibility of a patch release, if 1.12.11 isn't likely to be released before the end of July?

Patvs
07-19-2012, 10:26 PM
An internal update, similarly as the http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_14Jul2012.exe update is released nearly every week, whenever a main bug is fixed.

Whenever the Zoom/Players tab issue is fixed, we'll also leak an internal release.

slowjoe
07-24-2012, 06:42 PM
An internal update, similarly as the http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_14Jul2012.exe update is released nearly every week, whenever a main bug is fixed.

Whenever the Zoom/Players tab issue is fixed, we'll also leak an internal release.

Is there any update or ETA on this bug?

Patvs
07-24-2012, 08:56 PM
This is still an open bug.

slowjoe
08-08-2012, 05:50 PM
This has now been open and "targeted for a weekly release" for over three weeks now.

Is there an ETA for delivery? Or an ETA for an ETA?

Patvs
08-09-2012, 01:31 AM
There is no eta. The ticket does have a 'high priority status', but but I don't expect this to be fixed soon.

slowjoe
09-14-2012, 07:33 PM
There is no eta. The ticket does have a 'high priority status', but but I don't expect this to be fixed soon.

Is there an ETA now?

Back on July 19th, you said that it would likely be fixed within a week.

I work in software. This is not a major fix - I can't help feeling a decision has been made to delay the fix of this bug to force Zoom players to move off HEM 1.

udbrky
09-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I just sent an email regarding the issue.

If you want to be notified when it is resolved and sent the link to the version, please email us with "notify me when hmone-65 is resolved" as the subject.

slowjoe
09-25-2012, 04:43 AM
I just sent an email regarding the issue.

If you want to be notified when it is resolved and sent the link to the version, please email us with "notify me when hmone-65 is resolved" as the subject.

Another week+ passes with the blink of an eye without this obvious and simple bug being fixed. Note that a similar problem occurs with Zoom and LeakBuster Omaha: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak-buster/335012-cannot-run-leakbuster-omaha-zoom-hands-hem1.html#post1468772

Which email address should I mail?

slowjoe
09-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Another week+ passes with the blink of an eye without this obvious and simple bug being fixed. Note that a similar problem occurs with Zoom and LeakBuster Omaha: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak-buster/335012-cannot-run-leakbuster-omaha-zoom-hands-hem1.html#post1468772

Which email address should I mail?

Leak-buster support appear to consider this bug to be blocking their support for Zoom:

We can't do anything until it's updated in the database by HM. I know it's a priority, but don't know when it will be done.

(see http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak-buster/335012-cannot-run-leakbuster-omaha-zoom-hands-hem1.html#post1468932)

It would be really nice if this could be fixed.

Patvs
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Email support@holdemmanager.com

slowjoe
10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Email support@holdemmanager.com

So, we're coming up to 3 month anniversary for this bug.

If it isn't fixed by the anniversary, I'm going to become your worst enemy, and pokertracker's biggest fan in forum posts.

With a bit of luck, I can cost you 100 sales.

I'd revise your scheduling if I were you. I have time, and I'm motivated, and your products will improve.

fozzy71
10-03-2012, 12:15 AM
So, we're coming up to 3 month anniversary for this bug.

If it isn't fixed by the anniversary, I'm going to become your worst enemy, and pokertracker's biggest fan in forum posts.

With a bit of luck, I can cost you 100 sales.

I'd revise your scheduling if I were you. I have time, and I'm motivated, and your products will improve.

We just assigned a bunch of HMONE bugs to the developers and this is among them. We hope to have it fixed in the next few weeks.

slowjoe
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
We just assigned a bunch of HMONE bugs to the developers and this is among them. We hope to have it fixed in the next few weeks.

Thanks. I was notified of a fix on October 10th.

However, the fix is partial: no Zoom Pot-limit stake levels are shown, and therefore, no Zoom PLO hands can be viewed.

Patvs
11-04-2012, 11:36 PM
You can't see the hands, after updating to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_12Oct2012.exe,
and reimporting the hands into a new database?

I've re-opened HMONE-65 and added your comments:

no Zoom Pot-limit stake levels are shown, and therefore, no Zoom PLO hands can be viewed.

slowjoe
11-06-2012, 11:19 PM
You can't see the hands, after updating to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_12Oct2012.exe,
and reimporting the hands into a new database?

I've re-opened HMONE-65 and added your comments:

Yes, I can confirm that the fix for this bug is incomplete.

Fixed: number of players listed under "Players" on left hand column includes ALL Zoom players (NLHE and PLO)
Fixed: possible to select zoom NL stake levels

Not fixed: No PL stake levels are listed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start HEM
2. Start auto-import
3. Play Zoom PLO hands
4. Click on "PLAYERS (n)" in left hand column
5. Select "Omaha hi" in games dropdown.

Result: Stakes list box is empty.

6. Click on "run report"

Result: Dialog: "You must select at least on stake/blind"

Patvs
11-06-2012, 11:27 PM
We duplicated this, and 'bugticket HMONE-65 has been re-opened and re-assigned to a programmer.

slowjoe
11-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Yes, I can confirm that the fix for this bug is incomplete.

Fixed: number of players listed under "Players" on left hand column includes ALL Zoom players (NLHE and PLO)
Fixed: possible to select zoom NL stake levels

Not fixed: No PL stake levels are listed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start HEM
2. Start auto-import
3. Play Zoom PLO hands
4. Click on "PLAYERS (n)" in left hand column
5. Select "Omaha hi" in games dropdown.

Result: Stakes list box is empty.

6. Click on "run report"

Result: Dialog: "You must select at least on stake/blind"

This was with a brand-new database, info I forgot to mention.

fozzy71
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
This was with a brand-new database, info I forgot to mention.

Thank you for the additional information. It looks like we have all the necessary information so the developers can fix this but I can't give an ETA for when it will actually be fixed. We have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

slowjoe
05-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Thank you for the additional information. It looks like we have all the necessary information so the developers can fix this but I can't give an ETA for when it will actually be fixed. We have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

Six months later.

Problem still exists with the latest release: HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_03May2013b.exe

Can we have an ETA for a fix, please?

netsrak
05-07-2013, 07:26 AM
I have no ETA but we are just testing an HM1 update internally (but it still has some bugs at the moment)

slowjoe
05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
I have no ETA but we are just testing an HM1 update internally (but it still has some bugs at the moment)

Does the update contain a fix for this problem?

fozzy71
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Does the update contain a fix for this problem?

It looks like this particular issue was improperly assigned and has been sitting in limbo for some time. I will try to get it reassigned but I doubt it will make it in to our next release at this point.

slowjoe
05-07-2013, 03:46 PM
It looks like this particular issue was improperly assigned and has been sitting in limbo for some time. I will try to get it reassigned but I doubt it will make it in to our next release at this point.

Are you seriously saying that for the first release in 10 months, this bug isn't going to be fixed? I'd reconsider your schedules, because now I'm really upset, and I'm ready to get VERY VERY vocal about it.

(And I'm pretty sure that the same bug is the underlying problem for http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak-buster/335012-cannot-run-leakbuster-omaha-zoom-hands-hem1.html#post1830991 )

slowjoe
05-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Here is a first sample:

HM2 rush hud not working : Software and Tools : Poker Forums at DeucesCracked.com (http://www.deucescracked.com/forums/23-Software-and-Tools/597591-HM2-rush-hud-not-working)

You can't buy advertising like that. One a day until these bugs are fixed, guys.

morny
05-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately it will not make the next release, we fixed bugs in the order of importance and this is usually defined based on a number of factors and one of those factors is the number of people it affects, with HM1 having a significantly smaller number of users compared with HM2 and then taking into consideration it only affects players that play Zoom and use that feature i'm sure you can understand it is hard to put it top of the list. Also you are the only one who has bumped the ticket in a good few months.

Also keep in mind we decided to support Zoom after we decided we would not be adding or supporting new features, many other fast variants did not get support and i think in fact zoom was the only one as rush was already supported. This was one of the sites we made an exception for because at that time there were a lot more people using Zoom that had HM1 so even though in this scenario your issue was left in limbo because it didn't affect lots of people, you have also seen the other side where Zoom got supported because you were one of many that did play it and that bumped its priority. Its not the fairest system in the world and it rarely keeps people happy but its one of the criteria we use and it's pretty standard in bug prioritizing to give less priority to issues that affect a smaller % of your user base but that isnt set in stone, we often promote issues which affect a small % if other criteria makes it critical.

At the same time if i was in the same position i would probably feel pretty pissed too so i can understand your position, so i will do my best to get this on the release after the next one but i cannot promise anything until we see how much work was involved in this. Ill be up front and say that if this is a major fix that will take up a lot of developer time then its going to be difficult to get this into the next 2 releases but i will try my best.

slowjoe
05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
This is officially now fun. Let's set the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXNB2nYBHKs

(Ok, replace the "till you are dead" with "till the bug is fixed", but whatever

Unfortunately it will not make the next release, we fixed bugs in the order of importance and this is usually defined based on a number of factors and one of those factors is the number of people it affects, with HM1 having a significantly smaller number of users compared with HM2 and then taking into consideration it only affects players that play Zoom and use that feature i'm sure you can understand it is hard to put it top of the list. Also you are the only one who has bumped the ticket in a good few months.

Objection, your honour. The reason people weren't asking for this to be fixed was in part because IT WAS WITH A DEVELOPER ALREADY SCHEDULED!

Also keep in mind we decided to support Zoom after we decided we would not be adding or supporting new features, many other fast variants did not get support and i think in fact zoom was the only one as rush was already supported. This was one of the sites we made an exception for because at that time there were a lot more people using Zoom that had HM1 so even though in this scenario your issue was left in limbo because it didn't affect lots of people, you have also seen the other side where Zoom got supported because you were one of many that did play it and that bumped its priority. Its not the fairest system in the world and it rarely keeps people happy but its one of the criteria we use and it's pretty standard in bug prioritizing to give less priority to issues that affect a smaller % of your user base but that isnt set in stone, we often promote issues which affect a small % if other criteria makes it critical.

You prioritise on business grounds, I understand that. I'm giving you better business grounds to fix my bug.

At the same time if i was in the same position i would probably feel pretty pissed too so i can understand your position, so i will do my best to get this on the release after the next one but i cannot promise anything until we see how much work was involved in this. Ill be up front and say that if this is a major fix that will take up a lot of developer time then its going to be difficult to get this into the next 2 releases but i will try my best.

You know how much work it is, because it was half-fixed in HMONE-65-the-first. I'm pretty sure it's less than an hour's work + compilation and regression tests, which can be run in the background.

Look, what you are supposed to have said is:
1. Sorry, the ball got dropped. We're on it.
2. Sorry Netsrak suggested it was fixed and in the new release. We take giving accurate info seriously, and this won't happen again.
3. We can see that you are a valued customer. You have at least HEM and HEM Omaha and LeakBuster NL and LeakBuster PLO. We hope that you will do business with us again, so ex gratia, I've made the call that we're going to stick by our earlier promise to get the fix into the next release.
4. (You don't tell me this)Shit, one of OUR CUSTOMERS is getting upset. We have a potential reputational management situation here.
5. (You don't tell me this either)Guys, looks like he's a small-time winner from the boom, who is now a small-time loser. But he's posted 450 times at 2+2 and 1100 times at Deuces Cracked and even 32 times at our own forum. He sure posts a lot about poker

That's what you should have said in the post above. All this "end-of-life" shit doesn't cut it: you already promised to fix it, and delivered a broken fix. But hey, you wait another two releases. See if I care: Need help deciding which software to invest in - Gambling and Poker Software Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/need-help-deciding-software-invest-1327144/). What? Oh yeah, I DO CARE. In fact, I'm now ahead of the promised one-a-day. Think: caallmm.

So, you have a (non-potential) reputational management situation on your hands. What's that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Here's what you are supposed to do now:
1. Call a meeting. You obviously can't make a decision on your own.
2. Call in marketing and legal. CC the CEO. Schedule it for Wednesday. You're a project manager. You know how to call meetings.
3. They then tell you to fix the f***ing bug like Patvs promised back in 2012-11-06. And work a miracle and put it into the next release, for, I don't know, friday?

You may be interested to know that I have my "screw HEM" posts for friday, saturday and sunday planned. I'm going to use you to teach the poker world what CMM means. Check out NVG on Friday night. It's already written, but I'm trying to get the most bile-for-my-buck, so I need to get it down from 750 to 500 words.

Remember to mention to the marketing team: one-a-day.

slowjoe
05-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I should mention that I'm not just going to spread the love(hate) on HEM. I mean, if you can't get simple database queries right, why would anyone trust more complex calcs like in LeakBuster?

It's unfortunate that Leakbuster is more likely to be an impulse buy, and therefore have sales more vulnerable to bad publicity.

morny
05-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Although we disagree on how we prioritized things, i don't think going back and forth on that will help and it will probably just detract from what we both want which is a resolution to the issue.

As i said in my last post i am willing to work with you but we need to keep things civil. If we get to the stage where you continue to post bashing threads on other forums you can understand the situation becomes more complicated so i hope you can at least hold out until i have a chance to talk to a developer later today. I am not a developer so i will need to know more before i can tell you anything specific.

The reason i said we wouldn't make this release is this release is imminent, we are already in the testing phase and have some important fixes that affect a lot of users. Holding off for a new fix for you would delay this release so we have to keep the best interests of all our customers in mind also, i hope you can understand our position on that. I will keep you informed once i talk with a developer.

slowjoe
05-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Although we disagree on some points i think most of this is irrelevant because the problem is simple, you have an issue and want it fixed, have waited a considerable amount of time and i explained the reasons why.

As i said in my last post i am willing to work with you but we need to keep things civil. If we get to the stage where you continue to post bashing threads on other forums you can understand the situation becomes more complicated so i hope you can at least hold out until i have a chance to talk to a developer later today. I am not a developer so i will need to know more before i can tell you anything specific.

The reason i said we wouldn't make this release is this release is imminent, we are already in the testing phase and have some important fixes that affect a lot of users. Holding off for a new fix for you would delay this release so we have to keep the best interests of our customers in mind also, i hope you can understand our position on that. I will keep you informed once i talk with a developer.

You don't fully understand. You need to keep things civil.

When I keep things civil I get the ten-month-shaft. I get lied to, and I get my bug lost. Why on earth would I want to switch back to civil?

But take your time. Take all the time you want.

One a day.

morny
05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Ok good news, after talking to the developer and in light of the big full tilt poker update which will force us to delay the release slightly we will be able to have your issue fixed on the next release. Ill post a link to an internal version as soon as i get it for you to test and give feedback on.

slowjoe
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Ok good news, after talking to the developer and in light of the big full tilt poker update which will force us to delay the release slightly we will be able to have your issue fixed on the next release. Ill post a link to an internal version as soon as i get it for you to test and give feedback on.

Ok, thank you. Operation one-a-day suspended. Civil mode re-engaged.

Although I didn't mention this, the reason for the pressure on this bug is that it blocks LeakBuster Omaha results for Zoom tables (bug is http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak-buster/335012-cannot-run-leakbuster-omaha-zoom-hands-hem1.html )

Can I request (with no threat attached) that you consider scheduling that bug also?

Also, if/when this whole thing is done, I recommend you delete this thread, for obvious reasons.

fozzy71
05-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Here is the latest internal build for HM1 with the HMONE-65 issue fixed - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_HMONE-65.exe

*Disclaimer: This has only received minimal internal testing so we could make it available for you so please use at your own discretion and please provide as much feedback as you can regarding this issue. I confirmed the fix for HMONE-65 by importing a few PLO Zoom hands to a fresh database after updating, and I also tested it with an existing database, and it worked fine for me so you should only need to install this update for the changes to take effect.

**This does not contain any fixes for the Full Tilt Importing/HUD issues caused by their update today.

morny
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
I sent an email to the Leakbuster developer to get more details on whats the holdup on our end and will report back when i get more information

slowjoe
05-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Here is the latest internal build for HM1 with the HMONE-65 issue fixed - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_HMONE-65.exe

*Disclaimer: This has only received minimal internal testing so we could make it available for you so please use at your own discretion and please provide as much feedback as you can regarding this issue. I confirmed the fix for HMONE-65 by importing a few PLO Zoom hands to a fresh database after updating, and I also tested it with an existing database, and it worked fine for me so you should only need to install this update for the changes to take effect.

**This does not contain any fixes for the Full Tilt Importing/HUD issues caused by their update today.

1. A more full change-log would be useful - the change-log was from 1.12-something.

2. The players tab seems fixed.

3. The leakbuster omaha situation remains the same (not that you suggested that it would change).

4. Zoom tables are loading correctly. Data is view-able.

5. I did notice that the "reports" have reset to lose custom columns. That might be expected behaviour.
Steps to reproduce:
Yesterday, I added the "fold to 3bet" stat to the "3 - Leak Buster - Position" report, directly after 3bet%.
Today, after the upgrade, this is not present.

If you provide a more detailed change-list, I can do a more thorough job tomorrow night.

Hope this helps.

fozzy71
05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
1 - We can not provide a detailed release log until we are ready for official release
2 - Thank you for the feedback
3 - We will discuss this with the LB developers
4 - Thank you for the feedback
5 - Thank you for your feedback. I have duplicated it and provided a ticket to the developers to resolve the issue in the future. The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HMONE-229: Customized Report stat columns are not remembered when updating. I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.