PDA

View Full Version : Importing new config keeps overwriting default

Adrian
03-01-2010, 02:40 AM
I am trying to import a HU configuration file that someone else created. Under HUD/Player Preferences, I created a new Config called 'headsup'. I cleared all display stats. Then selected the file to import. But every time I do, it says do I want to overwrite the deault HUD, even though it isn't selected on the left. It all seems straightforward, but clearly isn't working as expected. Can someone tell me please what is going wrong, what step have I missed please.

Thanks

netsrak
03-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Make a backup copy of your config subfolder and then try to import the configuration. I think the error message is wrong - just tried it on my own.

Please give me some feedback so i can generate a bug report about this issue.

Adrian
03-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure what you did, but for me it simpy doesn't work. If I say yes to overwriting the default settings, then thats exactly what it does or would do. If replaces all the default settings with the new import, and the new cofig 'headsup' is still blank. When I select 'headup' before importing it simply swithces back to the default config. To me this seems like an obvious bug, but clearly the software has been out forever and people have been creating new cofigs for ages, presumably without an issue. So is there an issue that could be particular to my setup?

netsrak
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I think the "default" naming comes from the file you are trying to import.

Open the file with a texteditor like notepad and search for "default"
Replace it with the name you like (not the default_.... words).

Save the file and try the import again.

Adrian
03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
You were spot on. For some weird reason, the person who created a config file for Heads-Up play, had the word 'default' littered throughout the XML file. When I changed it, the file imported no problems, creating a new configuration name with the word I put in place within the XML file.
Thanks for your help and improving my understanding of how it now works.