PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Leakbuster LHE Edition

mooch
02-28-2010, 09:18 AM
1. Will Leakbuster LHE Edition be compatible with PT3?
2. Will the HEM version have any features over PT3 version?
3. Can Leakbuster LHE be purchased without NLHE? price $79.99?

Thanks.

blackmoney73
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM

Leak Buster Support
02-28-2010, 03:50 PM
1) No. We have an exclusive contract w/ HM.
3) Yes.

Ajax
02-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I had an idea, but I was reluctant to post it until I saw this thread.

It would be nice if we could get all of the filters in PT3 format if we want. We would still use HEM to run the main part of Leak Buster, but we would have the option of running the filters and reviewing our hands in PT3. This would give us, the students, two advantages.

First, it would allow us to properly review the hands that are returned from the filters. When we review the hands in HEM, the HUD stats in the replayer always show the total stats, so we get an innaccurate view of our opponent's stats. If we could reveiw the hands in PT3, then we would get the stats current to when the hand was being played.

Second, I am mainly playing rush poker right now, and there is a problem in HEM with the rush poker stats when viewed through the replayer. There are no stats for rush hands (this is true only in the replayer). When I find a rush hand using a Leak Buster filter, I would like to review it properly, but I cannot review it properly when there are zero stats. I want to be able to review the hands!

IMPORTATNT POINT: I prefer HEM over PT3, and I think that HEM is simply way ahead of PT3. So if anyone reads what I wrote and concludes that PT3 is a better product, they are making a mistake. I mention this because I do not want anyone to think that I recommend PT3. If you are looking for a program to help you play better poker, then, in my opinion, HEM is very likely the best program that you will be able to find.

Is it possible for us to have the filters also in PT3 if we want them? There is an exclusive contract w/HM, but if you provided only the filters and not the Leak Buster program, then would it be okay? You could make a Leak Buster install program for PT3 that has only the filters and nothing else. This is a reasonable request, given that the review process is a vital step in the Leak Buster process.

I think this is a question that needed to be asked.

Leak Buster Support
03-01-2010, 03:58 AM
I think you've already asked us this though. My answer is no. It is against the terms of our contract. I'd like to help you out, but we can't. Sorry.

Ajax
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I think you've already asked us this though.
I have asked something like this before, and what I found out at that time was only that the filters cannot be copied over as they can be in HM, and that an install method would be required to get them into the PT3 database. I learned nothing about a contract until I read this thread here.

And now that I asked this specific question, I know that there is more than just a technical difficulty of having to install those filters. There is also a contract that does not allow you create such an install (even if the install were to include only the filters and nothing more).

In the Leak Buster videos, whenever the instructor tells us to consider our opponent as we review hands, anyone playing rush poker will not be able to do that until HM fixes the replayer. It has been like this for several weeks.

I know that the replayer problem has not been caused by anyone at Leak Buster.

Leak Buster Support
03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I understand Ajax, and like I said, I would like to help you, but contractually this is an impossibility.

I know that the HM team is working diligently on the rush HUD and re-player, so I wouldn't anticipate that it will be much longer until all issues are resolved.

Starscream
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
How do I go about buying LHE leak buster? I can only see the NL version available. Any help would be great.

Many thanks.

Julie
03-04-2010, 06:27 PM
How do I go about buying LHE leak buster? I can only see the NL version available. Any help would be great.

Many thanks.

Thank you for your interest. Leak Buster Limit Holdem Edition has not been released yet. Stay tuned for updates.