PDA

View Full Version : HM/OPR/SS discrepancies

Josey Wales
02-28-2010, 07:35 AM
After my database died, I reimported all of my hands. That left the tournament summaries all effed up, so I had Pokerstars send me my complete tournament history. The HTML files for SnGs, MTTs and HUs imported without a problem. Upon checking out my stats, I got a summary which is waaaay off from my actual stats.

http://i50.tinypic.com/24lo4r5.png

Here are my OPR and Sharkscope stats

http://i46.tinypic.com/vgrfh0.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/15cjbra.png

So it's fair to say that's a major discrepancy. Help please?

netsrak
02-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Please zip and mail the handhistories and the summaries with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

Josey Wales
02-28-2010, 08:52 AM
The HHs are 150+ MB, is that OK?

fozzy71
02-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Compressed?

Did you ask for stars support for: All your old Hand Histories as well as the summaries? Perhaps you are missing some hand histories for tournaments so the summaries couldnt be applied.

Josey Wales
02-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Compressed, yeah. So, if I create a new DB, import all the HHs I received from PS, then import all the summaries, I should be golden?

Last time I imported HHs, I imported those that I exported from the old DB. And this took ages. I would SO much like not to go trough this again...

fozzy71
02-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Compressed, yeah. So, if I create a new DB, import all the HHs I received from PS, then import all the summaries, I should be golden?

This should be the most accurate method. They should send you EVERY hand you ever played and summaries for every tourney.

Last time I imported HHs, I imported those that I exported from the old DB. And this took ages. I would SO much like not to go trough this again...

Pokerstars sends the hands as multiple ZIP files that you have to download and extract to a large text file. Then you can Import File(s). Try importing only a few files at a time, instead of all of them at once. Then you can perform a DB Vacuum/Analyze before you import the next batch. This should prevent you from having your PC busy for a long duration. Do the batch imports over night if necessary.

Josey Wales
03-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Reimported all the hands. Took all night. No (major) changes in displayed stats. What now?

netsrak
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Upload the zip file to a file hoster (megaupload,...) and send us the link

Josey Wales
03-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I guess I'm a masochist, I created a blank DB and I'm importing all the hands and when that's done (hopefully before 2011) I'll import the summaries. If this fails to produce adequate results, I'll ship you the HHs and the summaries.

Josey Wales
03-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Yesssss, I'm golden now. The stats match OPR and Sharkscope. I don't have any cash game hands or stats, but I guess I can live without those.

So, for whoever has the same problem, the fix is as follows:

0. create a BLANK database and make it default.
1. request your complete hand histories.
2. request your complete MTT, SnG and HU summaries.
3. import HHs.
4. import summaries.
5. set your account name.
6. restart HM (it will take some time before all is sorted out).
7. Switch to your old DB and export Notes.
8. Switch to your new DB and import Notes.
9. Profit!

fozzy71
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
.... I don't have any cash game hands or stats, but I guess I can live without those.
........!

Import any of your earlier batches of hands that would give you cash hands but the wrong tourney info. HM will skip quickly over the duplicate hands and hopefully pick up the cash hands.