PDA

View Full Version : Virus protection software may have screwed up HEM

G4b3r
02-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I use the Holdem Manager + omaha manager professional version of the software. For some reason every time I open HEM now my anti virus software says it is detecting a Trojan and won't let me run the software. I keep running full computer scans and each time the only thing that comes up has to do with Holdem Manager. I think my anti virus software might have deleted some of the files associated with HEM. After I open the program and click "heal" or even "ignore" on the virus message that pops up each time it is back at the message that says your trial has ended so please buy the software or whatever. But i bought the software a long time ago and have lots of hands in my database. I am worried that I will lose all the hands that I have. Please let me know what I can do. Thanks.

G4b3r
02-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I use the AVG free version anti virus software

fsaizerais
02-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Same thing for me.
Vista + AVG free + HM => Alert and AVG block HM
Solution?
One solution is to inactivate the Resident Shield.
But is not a good solution to inactivate an anti-virus. So???

fozzy71
02-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you have Kaspersky try this:

Holdem Manager Forums - View Single Post - Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 not working with PostgreSQL? Here is the solution! (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=99782&postcount=10)

or this:

* Go into the KAV settings window.
* Navigate to the Service node.
* Here, turn on the Compatibility mode for programs using self-protection option.

If that does not work then find the "Heuristic Scanning" option in Kaspersky and disable that.