PDA

View Full Version : Autorate

nintendo9freak
02-27-2010, 06:44 AM
How does autorate work? It seems as though it doesn't update the hemplayernotes table at all? I say this because even though autorate is on and each player has a certain icon, the player isn't added into the hemplayernotes table unless I personally change/save notes on the player. Please help because I am trying to implement a way to color code each player in FTP to make table selection easier.

morny
02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Im not sure what you mean? Player Notes is separate, if your looking for something in the database that displays the different icon i presume its the icon_id column in playernotes, im pretty sure we dont store the autorate forumulas within the database

nintendo9freak
02-27-2010, 10:21 AM
So when you have autorate on, every player's icon is updated with an icon according to the rules set in autorate. However, the icon_id row in the hemplayernotes table does not show icons for players updated through autorate. It only shows icons for players whose icons you personally select. Am I right?

fozzy71
02-27-2010, 03:42 PM
That would be a question for the developer. I will forward it.

Rvg72
02-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Currently we autorate on the fly - after every hand we update the rules and icons so you can actually see the players autorate icon change during play as you get more stats on him.

We will be making an update to autorate in the future that allows you to apply at across your DB so that players in the manager appear with the icon but our on the fly approach is much better since it also allows you to apply vs the number of players playing. So, if you get to HU in a tourney then it will use your HU rules and switch the icon accordingly to the situation and the stats/rules.

Roy

nintendo9freak
02-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, thats what I thought HEM was doing. Oh well, I guess its ok because I just used vpiphands, pfrhands, totalhands, etc to apply the same rules as autorate but on the DB separately.

nintendo9freak
02-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Is it possible to add an option to apply autorate to the DB in the next release? I think that it would be very helpful!