PDA

View Full Version : HUD crashes on stars playing 8 tables

lapinrose
07-17-2008, 01:04 PM
once in a while hud "stopped working" (os=vista).

Mike chops
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
PLease go to the Hud options table prefs and enable the logging. When you get a crash please post the log.txt file from the ..\logs folder togehter with a short description of anything significant that was happenin at the time... e.g. you just reloaded or closed a talbe or opended one...

lapinrose
07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi,

The hud crashes but not importing, so going into the log file, I do not see the exact point where this happen, and all the importing messages continue to be there. Is there a specific message to seek?

I did not do anything special (opening/closing...). At 8-10 tables, it seems that the hud is starting to suck up resources (ram?). It always crashes after a while.

Thanks

lapinrose
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
this morning hud is crashing every 5 minutes playing 7 tables, and doing nothing (it crashes by itself.)
my computer is less than 1yr old, very clean, very slick!

morny
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
You need to send Mike the log file so he can look into it.

lapinrose
07-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Hello,

So hud keeps on crashing playing ~8 tables on stars with only 4 stats/players??????

any improvement?????

this is costing me money on top of the 80$ as these crashes kill my focus.

morny
07-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Have you sent Mike that log?

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 08:45 AM
3 days ago.

morny
07-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Ok thanks, ill follow up on that with Mike for you

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 09:04 AM
I think the threshold is 7 tables.

It crashed 10 times this morning and it is totally unplayable.

Thanks

Pasinger
07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Have you tried the latest release from Friday?
Worked for me very good and totally stable with WinXP and PostgreSQL 8.3.3.

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 10:50 AM
i only downloaded this 1 hour ago and i have vista so let see.
thanks

Mike chops
07-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Last I remember I sent you a version. If it doesnt work please send me more logs. I included the changes I made in your version in all subsequent releases, si if you updated that's fine.

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
can you send me the copy of your message to me about this new version that you "remember" sending??

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
forget that.
anyway it seems to work like butter now, great.

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
ok I spoke (1minute) too fast, I am too optimistic.
just crashed with 8 tables, sending log.

Rvg72
07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Can you make sure you have 1.06.01d here:

www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmtestupdate.exe

and let me know if this still happens

Roy

lapinrose
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, I am using last version.

I may have found 2 scenarios when crashes seem to occur:
1/ if a table is unexpectedly closed, such as by clicking the close (x) button at a random time,
2/ if I am forced to sit out, say I do not click any button and I am "sat out".

inƒamous
09-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Hello I don't really have any way of sending a log file. But I just purchased Holdem manager and got it working with one table. Then when I got off work (I normally play 12 tables or more). Set up holdem manager and began playing 12 tables and the hud continued to crash. I have the download that I got from the site yesterday. I believe this had the stars date update in it. Am I just playing to many tables? Or is hem made to run this many. If so, soon I would like to be playing 18 or more would this still be a problem? Thank you. So far I am enjoying your product it is bounds ahead of PT3.

Inƒamous

EnjoyLife
09-04-2008, 09:26 AM
HEM can definitely handle the load that you guys are experiencing crashes on. I was playing 24 tables on PokerStars with the HUD working great a week or two ago. I have since quit doing 24 tables as I was losing $. I need to find my own threshold of how many tables I can play at once...

BTW, my computer is 4.5 years old. I think it is a 2.8 GHz running XP Pro and only 1 gig of ram. I wish it had some of the features of PokerOffice, but this software is, by far, greater than PokerOffice. Also, the programmers seem to actually care about their clients here at HEM. I just sent in my payment for the software today. Thanks guys!!!

inƒamous
09-07-2008, 11:33 PM
My computer is a little over a year old and is running windows Vista. I play on pokerstars and am currently playing 12 tables. I currently have version 1.06.03

Pretty much similar to lapinrose I am still experiencing the Hud crashing. It experiences some kind of error and stops working. I am able to relaunch the Hud from the hud options box. The hud loads again and continues to work for various lengths of time. But still encounters the error and shuts down again and again. The whole program is still running and the files are still importing just the hud seems to be having problems. If needed I can try and get another computer to try and send my log files in if that will help but it may take time.

Any other suggestions if any would help. Thank you for your time to help

Inƒamous

morny
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Are you experiencing lag before it crashes? if so please try disabling Multiple Panels, Moving opacity sliders to the max i.e completely to the right in both Hud Options > Player Preferences and Hud Options > Table Preferences and lastly try using force on top.

Force On Top can cause focus problems so disable that if it dosent help but people have noticed major reduction in lag with this selected recently so although its not an ideal solution its effective.

Lastly try this beta version with a new HUD build to see if that offers and improvement http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03betawhud.exe

Also is there any reason why you cant send the log file?

inƒamous
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Sorry for long delay. There is only a breif lag seconds before the hud experiences some kind of error and goes away. I relaunch hud and will reload and begin to work again. Sometimes for 1/2 second sometimes for several mintues. It is annoying but alot of the time I just pull the hud up when I need it. This isn't easy as I am 18-24 tabling now. And the amount of time I have between hands, while trying to relaunch the hud to get a number read on a certain player on one table for my stack or for general info is a little frustrating.

As far as send log file I am piggybacked off someones elses wirless router. And I don't have my own email. I have a hotmail account but it does not let me send log files. And my own email requires an email acount to create as I have never set it up. Maybe there is another email service that would work I dunno.

morny
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
you can just zip the file and hotmail will allow you to send it