PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Table Ninja, very unstable and unusable.

yesright
02-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I use HEM to 24 table on stars with no problem whatsoever.

After many glowing reviews I decided to buy TN
(I couldn't try the latest version because I trial a version a long time ago and the trial had expired so it wont let me try the new one)

Anyway I tried to use it stacking the tables, anything after 12 tables everything would become unstable and I couldnt click on any of the tables with the graphics going funny and the mouse wouldnt show up over the tables.
The only way to continue playing was to shutdown HEM.

Instantly I could play again.

This happened 3 times running even after rebooting.

The tables locking cost me quite a bit of money which was pretty annoying.

Any ideas?

I am using dual monitor set up but playing in one stack on the right hand one with the programs (HEM/pokerstars client/TN) on the left.

yesright
02-26-2010, 12:46 AM
As an update I tried numerous things.

I tried running TN on its own without HEM and it still locked up at around the 15 the table.
Once I shutdown TN I regained control of the tables.

It seems to function perfectly until you add around 12-15 tables ?

I tried disabling hardware acceleration

I tried disabling all anti virus and firewalls , still locked up.

Anyone else had this problem?

Fool
02-26-2010, 04:50 AM
This could be a few things including general resource limitations however it could also be a configuration error forcing Ninja to work harder than it needs to. First try disabling frames and see if the problem remains. If so please .zip and post the following and I'll look it over:

1) A .zip of your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. Go to Start > Computer > C:\Program Files (x86)\table ninja(remove the '(x86)' if on a 32 bit operating system).

2) A screen shot of the table with your Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker HUD displayed. See instructions at Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm).

yesright
02-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi

Well I tried it after disabling frames and it works perfectly.

Played a 24 table session for over 1 hour with no problems whatsoever.

The difference is staggering. Obviously there might be a resource problem.

Probably the reason you added the fuction to remove the frames!

I have a fast machine (quad core, lots of Ram and WD Blacks)

What functionality do I lose by disabling frames?

Is it just the silly colors, which I can live without.

Thanks again for your help.

Fool
02-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Frames are generally used by tile players who end up traveling a large portion of the screen with their eyes but actually play comparatively few tables next to a stacker. The way frames work is to create a transparent image that covers the entire table yet has color around the border. Unfortunately this can cause a large resource drain when mass multi-tabling. We are currently working on this and may have a fix shortly. For now disabling frames should take care of you and as I'd guess you are stacking probably won't bother you much at all.