PDA

View Full Version : Reports vs. Graphs

JacobH
02-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi

I just changed from Poker Tracker 3 to HEM and after having played a couple of days with it I really like it but in my overall report it says I have won while the graphs section claims that I have lost money. Can somebody explain that to me?

Furthermore I'm having problems plotting my Rakeback and Bonusses in the graphs section. I have configured a rakeback deal.

My last issue is that I can't seem to find any "stat" called "Hours played" or "Hourly win".

I'm running the 1.10.03a version and I'm playing the iPoker network.

\Jacob

Patvs
02-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Are you playing cash or SNGs?
Are you looking at your EV line in the graph or you actual winnings?

Do you have any filters turned on. Does the graph match the $ won/lost in your SESSION tabs?

You can see the hours played / hourly win in the SESSIONS tab.
For tournaments/sngs it's--> in the RESULTS tab

JacobH
02-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm playing cash games and I'm looking at the actual winnings "$" in the "Reports" section using the reports "Overall" and "2 - Leak Buster - Overall" both say I've won showing "This Month".

As written before the graphs show a loss and I've now also looked in the "Sessions" section only showing this month and it also shows the same loss as the "Graphs" section. So yes the graphs section matches the sessions section. Strangely the number of played hands matches up in all sections.

I don't have any filters turned on besides the "time" filtering.

This month I've played £, $ and Euro cash games could this have anything to do with it? I have set the currency rates and fixed all hands - though it said it didn't have to fix any hands as I've been running 1.10.03.a all along.

Finally - do you have any idea why I can't plot a graph showing my rakeback?

\Jacob

morny
02-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi,

Couple of things you can try
1) In the graphs and sessions TAB makes sure the selected currency is the correct one, its a dropdown in the sessions section and a radio button in the graph.
2) Clear the main filter go to Filter > Clear then Filter > Use for all
3) Now try reports, hands and sessions and graph TAB and see if the results are showing up
4) Beside the date filter and clear filter you should see a dropdown box with All Games, Omaha, Holdem etc make sure All Games is selected.
5) If the problem persists try creating a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and see if there was any import errors importing the hands, then check and see did the missing hands appear.

if your still having issues post a screenshot of the reports and graph section

JacobH
02-26-2010, 02:44 PM
hmmm...

I really don't see what these suggestions should help as I'm totally new to HEM and haven't been playing with filters or anything - so the program is totally default.

I tried to do what you wrote and no help. I can't select all games as I only have the Holdem version of the program.

I'm not about to create a new database - sry last time it took ages to import all my HH's.

I tried in the Graph section to change the Graph winnings to big blinds instead of $ and now it shows a win. The strange thing is that it shows loss on all 3 currency graphs individually, so something is wrong!

fozzy71
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Make sure all filters are cleared on all tabs. Options > Miscellaneous Options > Auto Apply Filter Changes to All Tabs.

Please reproduce the problem and post or email some screen shots - Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm)

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

If you prefer to not post them publicly, please email the screen shots, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

JacobH
02-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the response. I did what you wrote but no change so here are some screenshots.

1. Screenshot of "Reports" - stakes
2. Screenshot of "Reports" - overall
3. Screenshot of "Sessions
4. Screenshot of "Graphs" - Displaying winnings in $ and All-in EV
5. Screenshot of "Graphs" - Displaying winnings in $ and All-in EV, trying to display Rakeback + Bonuses

\Jacob

morny
02-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Remove the $ stat from your reports TAB and add the $USD stat FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Selection (Reports) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/166/Stat+Selection+%28Reports%29)

Then it will all add up, $ combines the different currencies so if you have £2k and $2k it will show as $4k but obviously the total is a lot more, $USD would convert the £2k into the correct amount and give a total of more than $4k depending on the currency

JacobH
02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you. That solved it.

Are the developers of HEM American? Pretty strange to write "$" as an abbriviation for money. Why don't you call that column "Result" and then instead of using any symbols in the cells just leave the number - the symbol is already shown in the Game Type Description columb. It's not very logic to use it in the default selection of the Reports section - it's actually confusing. Another suggestion could be to get small pop-up windows when you toogle over each columb, explaining the given columb.

fozzy71
02-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Thank you. That solved it.

Are the developers of HEM American? Pretty strange to write "$" as an abbriviation for money. Why don't you call that column "Result" and then instead of using any symbols in the cells just leave the number - the symbol is already shown in the Game Type Description columb. It's not very logic to use it in the default selection of the Reports section - it's actually confusing. Another suggestion could be to get small pop-up windows when you toogle over each columb, explaining the given columb.

We just added the multi-currency support and the $ stat was created years ago.

JacobH
02-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok, didn't know that. But wouldn't you agree that it would be smart if not to totally remove that stat then at least not let it be part of the default stats? I simply refuse to believe that I'm the only one having been puzzled by this.

But anyway it's solved so I'm happy.