PDA

View Full Version : Converting Boss Media Hands and Notes

Antidote
02-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I am looking for a way to convert Party Poker hands into Boss Media hands as well as a way to convert notes on Party Poker players into notes for Boss Media players.

I just recently started playing on Boss Media. I came to the site after HEM had native support for importing Boss Media hands. However, I do have a bunch of "Party Poker" hands that I would like to convert. One of my friends is a regular on Boss Media and has a large database of hands. He exported these hands for me and I now have a bunch of these "Party Poker" hands. I would like to import them as Boss Media hands. He also exported all of his notes, so I have a file: "ExportedNotes.HMNotes" which has notes on "Party Poker" players which I would like to use on the Boss Media players once I have imported the converted hands.

I believe that converting the Party Poker hands should not be a problem. Here is what I plan to do:

1. Create a new second HEM database.
2. Import all of the Party hands into this database.
3. Do the following within pgAdmin to convert the hands to Boss Media. (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/110272-post22.html)
4. Export all hands from the second HEM database.
5. Import these recent exported hands into my main HEM database.
6. Delete the secondary temporary database.

I think that should work fine. I already have some Boss Media hands in my main database. Will the above create any duplicate players?

I also want to convert the notes I have so they can be applied to these Boss Media players. I am little uncertain about how to do this. I imagine it would require something similar, such as a find and replace, but I'm not sure. How can I convert the notes to correspond with the correct Boss Media player?

morny
02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi, as long as they are the original boss hands they will import, if they are the converted boss hands in party poker format then theyll still import as party hands because thats what format their converted to.

With the notes its likely it wont work as theyll be tagged to the party poker site id so i dont think that will work but your welcome to try

Thanks
Morny
Holdem Manager Support