PDA

View Full Version : Problem importing hand histories ( purchased )

Arizona Willie
02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Yesterday I bought a million hands from pokertableratings and after importing was done there were over 427K errors!!

I have imported hands from them before with no problem.
But this is the first time I did that with version 1.10.3a.

Anyone else having trouble importing hands?

Now I'm also wondering what happened to all the hands that had errors. Did the get imported incorrectly? Were they dumped? How do I get rid of defective hands?

morny
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Can you try importing into a new database and if its still getting a lot of errors send us a bunch of the hand histories, there approx 1 error for every 2 hands at that range so a couple of thousand hands should be enough, send them to support@holdemmanager.net

Arizona Willie
02-25-2010, 07:11 PM
How do I do that?

How do I make a new database?

Can I keep my current and then go back to it after the experiment?

How?

morny
02-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi see this FAQ: create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)

Yes you can revert back to your old database afterwards

Arizona Willie
02-27-2010, 02:29 PM
OK, I made a new database and imported the purchased hands and it worked just fine. The problem apparently is some kind of problem with my Holdem Manager database.

So I exported the hands I had just imported into the new database, then highlighted the old database and exported that to a different folder. The new hands database was 1.35 gb and the old database was 2.89 gb.

Then I made yet another new database and started Holdem Manager and using Holdem Manager I am importing the exported hands from the old database. Takes a long time.

I hope this is the right way to do it.

Next, if the old hands seem to have imported correctly, I will try to import the newly purchased hands and hope I wind up with everything together in one database. Then, in a few days, if everything looks like it is up and running ok, I will delete the old databases to free up diskspace.

I wonder what is wrong with the old database that it didn't successfully import new hands. It seemed to work ok while playing.

Arizona Willie
02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
I told Holdem Manager to import the files I exported from the database. This is the original database that had the problem importing purchased hands.

After 5 hours or so it crashed my computer. Locked it up tight. I had to reboot.

Now I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

netsrak
02-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Import the hands into the new database in smaller portions via import file or import from folder

DarkMagus
02-28-2010, 01:29 PM
isn't this against the TOS for basically every site?

blackmoney73
02-28-2010, 01:37 PM
try this update http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe then try importing hands again