PDA

View Full Version : HM cannot connect to database/postgresql server doesnt start

Doncock
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Yesterday I imported all hands into my new database and everything worked fine. Today I wanted to play some poker, but HM cannot connect. I changed the passwords(user postgres and database passwords) to my own passwords and now I cannot start the postgresql server due to logon failure. Tried to change the password back but that didnt help... Tried to google a bit, but didnt find it since most hits were Linux related. My guess is that it worked yesterday since the server was already running and now it uses the wrong password from some ini file.

I am not sure thats the whole problem, since Windows didnt respond last night, so I switched it down with the powerbutton.

Anyway, I really would like to fix it w/o reinstalling postgre. Anyone an idea?

PS: postgresql version: 8.4 (autoinstalled w HM install), windows 7 HP x64, UAC disabled etc

fozzy71
02-25-2010, 11:01 AM
1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+(PostgreSQL))

Doncock
02-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I guess we made a mistake. The default user postgres password is postgres. After changing it back to postgres it worked again. Now just find out in which configfile to change the password, but I am lazy and bored, so I will do that later.

*edit* I think this will do the trick:

net user accountname newpassword

Will try it later.