PDA

View Full Version : Forgot Postgre password

pokernoob
09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Anyway to recover this? I cant delete or start new dbs.
If I cant, how do I setup a fresh database? uninstall postgres?

I want to delete old db, re-import again from Ongame db.

morny
09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
When you enter the incorrect password it will ask if you want HM to set it to accept any password. Please select Yes for this and then use any password and it will work. Make sure your using http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03h.exe

Rhincodon
12-05-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm having the same problem as OP.

"When you enter the incorrect password it will ask if you want HM to set it to accept any password"

- I don't get this option!

I am upgrading SQL to latest version and cant remember the default SQL password used when installing in the first place (I am sure I used the default).

Al1
12-05-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm having the same problem as OP.

"When you enter the incorrect password it will ask if you want HM to set it to accept any password"

- I don't get this option!

I am upgrading SQL to latest version and cant remember the default SQL password used when installing in the first place (I am sure I used the default).

Can you upgrade HM, this thread is very old: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Bobby123
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Hello, now i'm having the same problem as OP, I just updated HM (after it didn't work anymore) now i'm reinstalling postgres, but i also don't get the option which enalbes me to use 'any' password....

morny
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM
That option is after you install postgreSQL and then try to start Holdem Manager. If your stuck at a particular screen please post a screenshot and ill try and help

Bobby123
01-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Here's the screen:

The message is in dutch and it sais that username or password were invalid, i didn't change anything in the first three boxes...

morny
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah as you can see in the background in the FAQ when you get this error just change postgres to something like holdemmanager and it will bypass this error then move to the next step

Bobby123
01-15-2009, 12:49 PM
hehe, that's what i can read in the FAQ as well yeah, but that's the problem, other passwords are also invalid.. Does it matter maybe that i already have an account? Saying, it's not the first time i'm installing postgres

morny
01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Its not the password its the username you need to change, try something other than postgreSQL, if holdemmanager dosent work then try holdemmanager1 etc

thorington189
01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I am also having this problem as well. I need that password when i click on next it doesnt auto generate a password it does nothing. I cant establish a connection to 127.0.0.1 and i have tryed everything listed in the faqs. Now i am uninstalling it and reinstalling but i need that password or is there a better way to go about doing this.

Bobby123
01-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Ah ok, that's the problem, it's fixed now, thanks morny, and sorry for the stupid mistake (gotta sweep the sleep out of my eyes :o) Thanks

Pokernils
02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Cant get passed this postgre popup!

Letting HoldemManager change it for me doesn`t work. :mad:

I`ve tried everything suggested.

Using Vista with UAC off. Tryin to install the newest beta.

Included a screenshot of my popup

Pokernils
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM
I`m using PostgreSQL 8,3.

Will it keep the data if I delete and reinstall?

Maybe that`s the easiest soultion...?

Al1
02-04-2009, 06:12 AM
I`m using PostgreSQL 8,3.

Will it keep the data if I delete and reinstall?

Maybe that`s the easiest soultion...?

If you delete the postgresql folder, your data will be lost. Just uninstalling without removing the folder doesn't delete your data, but make a backup to be sure.