PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting HEM running on w7

luckystraights
02-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Hya, I'm having some difficulty getting HEM to work on my W7 (64bit home premium).

I've had it running once before, I think by running it as admin, though now its hanging again, each time giving me unhandled exception error's, the one time I had it running the hud wasn't working.

If at all possible I'd like to keep UAC switched on, could someone give me some tips or suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks.

Patvs
02-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

luckystraights
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks, I've got HEM running now with your "run as admin" suggestion, but the hud is not showing. It appears that HEM isn't importing my hands, I'm playing on stars and I'm using a folder other then the one in the stars root directory, which I have added as an import folder.

luckystraights
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
EDIT: The HUD seems to be working now, just popped up somewhat randomly after a restart, I'm still having doubts that hands are importing correctly, but with the hud running they must be right???

When I try and manually import my files after the session, there not importing, I'm not used to manually importing with HEM, so I'm not sure if thats std or not.

morny
02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
yeah if the hud is running the hands are importing, why are you manually importing, are these old hands your trying to import, you should be just using auto import unless your importing old hands or a large amount of hands and then use import from file or folder

luckystraights
02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
yeah if the hud is running the hands are importing, why are you manually importing, are these old hands your trying to import, you should be just using auto import unless your importing old hands or a large amount of hands and then use import from file or folder

I was just trying to double check it was working, been tilting like heck trying to get laptop setup for this weekend, and donking off a BI everytime TN or HUD wasn't working lol.