PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Database location and purging

Ulaju
02-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi

I thought that every hand imported by Holdem Manager was archived in "C:\HMArchive". Same way, I thought that purging all hands was the same that just delete manually this folder.
In summary, I though that this folder (HMArchive) was the location of the entire database.

I purged all hands with the intention of importing them again from original folders (the hand history folders of poker clientes: poker heaven, unibet... etc). But after do that I see that all hands have been erased from original folders :eek:
Then, I have imported hands I had exported a month ago, and it look have worked but the folder "HMArchive" is still empty. :confused:

Now Im absolutely confused:

1- Where is the exactly location of the database that HM uses?
2- Purging function erase hands from poker clients folders? (so I can recover my hands of this month or not?)

I just want to understand this well and I have not found any text or tutorial that explains this issue. Thx a lot.

Patvs
02-25-2010, 08:23 AM
HEM moves the ORIGINAL handhistories to the ARCHIVE folder. (never delete the contents of this folder)

The actual database is stored in an SQL database in Program Files/PostgreSQL 8.x/DATA. Purging hands removes the hands from the SQL database.