PDA

View Full Version : Importing hands hangs

vincent_rig
02-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi,

I've purchased a copy of Holdem manager yesterday. I installed it (and postgres) correctly. I've set my auto import folders to my full tilt poker hand history directory, but when i try to import the hand (either import files, import folder or auto import options), the import just hangs right from the start and thus imports nothing. For example, when i use the auto import function, i only get the status "auto importing..." and nothing more. When i look at my task manager i notice the HMImport.exe process takes about 50% cpu, and keeps running infinitly...

I'm using HEM version 1.10.03a and run on Windows Vista as administrator. The postgres database is also running and accessible (i can open the database and query it).

I've already tried removing and reïnstalling HEM and postgres several times, tried different new databases, the different import options with or without archiving on, ... So i'm out of clues what to try next...

All help greatly appreciated :)

netsrak
02-24-2010, 08:14 AM
* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

vincent_rig
02-24-2010, 08:40 AM
1. What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
1.10.03a

2. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?
Full tilt poker

3. Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)
NL Hold'em ring games, sng, mtt

4. Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?
Yes, as soon as i click it the auto import starts and hangs. The HMImport.exe process takes about 50% cpu and grows in memory, but nothing more happens. I get to see the status "auto importing..." but it stays this way infinitly.

5. Often times, it is one setting or option that's not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.
This is correct, there are 86 files in my full tilt hand history folder.

6. Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.
They are.

7. If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database.
I've tried to create a new database a few times and import the hands to the new db, but always the same situation. Also tried to remove and reinstal HEM and postgres, nothing worked.

8. Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Yes.

9. If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?
Yes.

10. Make sure UAC is disabled and unselect it and restart if it is.
This is indeed disabled.

fozzy71
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

vincent_rig
02-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Nothing wrong with my config file. Also send it to the support emailadres, but that looked fine.

But i think i discovered the problem while looking at my hand history files. I deleted some of the files, which where (in my eyes) not formatted correctly. At least the import starts since then, but at a certain point in hangs. I think this has to do with a tournament i played earlier this month with about 43000 players. This tournament created a hand history file of 1MB, with the names of the 43000 players in it etc. I think this is to heavy for HM to handle, because when deleted the names from that file, it also processed correctly. So after some little adjustments, i succeeded in importing most of my hands...

netsrak
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Please zip and mail the large file with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net so we can do some tests with it.

Gusy
03-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi,
I'm having the exact same problem described by vincent_rig. I'm using HEM 1.10.03b with Windows XP SP3 and this started happening sometime last week with FTP files. It might have happened with some PokerStars files too, but I'm not sure.

morny
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look at your setup and make sure youve no loops etc

Gusy
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look at your setup and make sure youve no loops etc

Hi morny, here it is.

morny
03-02-2010, 05:15 PM
You have no import folders setup at all
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setting Up Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/274/Setting+Up+Auto+Import+Folders)

Gusy
03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
morny, that's because I did a fresh install of PostgreSQL and HEM.
The same happens when importing manually the history files. HMImport.exe starts using 50% cpu and nothing happens.

I just tried to import manually some new pokerstars files and it went well. It seems the import only hangs on some large FTP tournament files.

netsrak
03-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Please skip this files (move them to a different folder) so that you can continue with the other files.
Please zip and mail the files causing the problems with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net