PDA

View Full Version : New installation problems

armonica
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I just installed HM in my new PC (Windows 7) then I did the following:

-followed the instructions regarding Windows 7 (run as administrator the needed files)

-played a few hands on 5 different poker sites to create the hand history directories

-configured auto import folders

-copied the HMArchive directory from my old PC

-tried to restore-backup my old database, but that didn't seem to work as the program was not responding so I did cancel.

-tried to import notes from my old PC but I got 0 notes imported

-copied my old config directory into the new HM directory

-started my first auto import

Unfortunately I didn't get any hands and I cannot even recreate my alias,
now I don't care too much about my old DB and I can give up even my old configuration, but I would like to be able at least to get the new installation
working with my existing alias (plus my old hand history).

Help please.....

fozzy71
02-24-2010, 12:14 AM
I just installed HM in my new PC (Windows 7) then I did the following:

-followed the instructions regarding Windows 7 (run as administrator the needed files)

-played a few hands on 5 different poker sites to create the hand history directories

-configured auto import folders

-copied the HMArchive directory from my old PC

-tried to restore-backup my old database, but that didn't seem to work as the program was not responding so I did cancel.

Did you make a new DB and delete the one that didnt restore?

-tried to import notes from my old PC but I got 0 notes imported

If the restore didnt work properly and no hands are imported, the notes cant import.

-copied my old config directory into the new HM directory

The auto import paths are not the same on your new and old PC. Your old \config directory has the holdemmanager.config file with all of those details.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
*Now import your \HMArchive - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

armonica
02-24-2010, 09:51 AM
-I now created a new DB and deleted the one that didnt restore

-deleted previous import folders, the re-autodetected import folders and
double checked their location (couldn't find CakePoker path)

-double checked seating preferences where possible

-I have not yet tried to import my old HMArchive because is of the large number of hands

then I started auto import and I got the hands I played yesterday from
FullTilt and Absolute, but I didn't get any hands from Party, Titan and Cake.

Party hand history from yesterday is showing in the correct directory, while
Titan is showing no hand history at all, and with Cake I can't even find the
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Cake Poker\Hand Histories\.

morny
02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
The app data folder is a hidden file How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)

Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please

armonica
02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Here attached (I hope) is the holdemmanager.config file.

I did enabled the hidden files and the C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Cake Poker\Hand Histories folder is empty.

PartyPoker Hand Histories folder has the hands I played but they will not auto import and HUD is not showing.

Thanks for your assistance.

fozzy71
02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

armonica
02-25-2010, 09:43 AM
ok here attached is the HoldemManager.config file, I hope this time I got it right.

netsrak
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
The configuration is fine - are you sure that your Party client writes english handhistory files?

armonica
02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes I just checked Party history files are in english.

So at this point I have FullTilt and Absolute working fine.

Party has no HUD and no auto import, but can import from folder and will show up in reports.

Titan has HUD but does not import hands and I can't find any hand hystory file.

Cake same as Titan (except of course no HUD).

morny
02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
1) While playing on Party Poker, go to C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory and take a screenshot of the whole folder and attach it here

2) For Cake do the same as above go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Cake Poker\Hand Histories and attach a screenshot of the hand history files while playing in that folder

3) If there is a hud on titan then the hand must have import, have you changed your name to the titan player to do a search? If so there must be at least 1 hand because you cannot select a player if he has 0 hands or are you saying if you type in the players name it doesnt show up?

armonica
02-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Here attached are the screenshots for Party (screen name armonica) and Cake, as you can see there are now hands in Cake's hand history folder but HM does not auto import from there neither import from folder manually, plus my screen name there (MisterNick101) is not recognized from HM.

Titan seems to be working ok now and Party now has HUD, I wonder how since I haven't changed anyithing.... so only Cake remain to be fixed.

morny
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi,

please zip up some cake hand histories and email them to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread