PDA

View Full Version : How install HM with PostgresSql on a PC where Postgres Sql is already installed ?

MikPok
02-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Hello,

I have PostGres Sql installed on my computer. It is v8.4 on Disk V:\

If I install HM without postgres Sql checked in the Install menu, when I launch HM, it doesn't find the database. I suppose HM installer has not detected PSQL on the pc, and did not set up its database.

So, I try to install HM with the combo (HM+PSQL). But The installer detect that PSQL is already on the computer and abort the install. It say that I have to uninstall my existing version of PSQL !

I CAN'T unsinstall my PSQL because it run every days for other applications.

Maybe I could uninstall mine, and use the combo of HM ? But my postGres Sql must be on disk V:\ and if combo allow to tune the path of HM, it doesn't allow me to say postGres must be on drive V:\ !

Crazy problem, I'm in front of a wall ! :D

So my question is :

1- How could I install HM without PSQL option checked, and how to parameter or install HM Database in the existing PSQL 8.4 ?
2- Or, how to use combo, but say postgres must be on drive V:\ ?

If possible, a answer for the 2 options could be cool ! :)
Thanks for help.

morny
02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
If youve already got PostgreSQL installed then just install HM, it will give you the option of unticking postgreSQL install using the combo installer and it should just install HM, then HM will check and see if Postgres is running and connect to it. Youll need to tell HM the server no usuallly 127.0.0.1 and the port usually 5432 and finally the username and password you use for postgreSQL

MikPok
02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks for answer. It works! :)