PDA

View Full Version : fix currencies takes forever-can i restart computer safely

busmusen
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
I have a huge database with maybe 1 million own hands but unknown millions of mined hands.

HM have been running now for 22 hours and processed 24 million hands but only fixed 2,5 million and both are still ticking. Does the fixed amount have to equal the processed and are running slower than processed or is it simply that the gap is dollar tables not needed to be fixed?

Since I cannot play when hm is working I am wondering what happens if I turn off the computer is there a risk for hm database errors/corruption or if thats ok will HM remember processed/fixed hands or will it start over again the next time I want to fix currencies in my database?

fozzy71
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
I have a huge database with maybe 1 million own hands but unknown millions of mined hands.

HM have been running now for 22 hours and processed 24 million hands but only fixed 2,5 million and both are still ticking. Does the fixed amount have to equal the processed and are running slower than processed or is it simply that the gap is dollar tables not needed to be fixed?

Correct, the gap is the hands it did not need to convert.

Since I cannot play when hm is working I am wondering what happens if I turn off the computer is there a risk for hm database errors/corruption

There is always a chance of DB corruption when you stop a DB process while it is working, but I can't say for sure regarding this process. If at all possible, I would try to let it finish, as long as it is still working and counting hands/processed-hands.

or if thats ok will HM remember processed/fixed hands or will it start over again the next time I want to fix currencies in my database?

I am not sure what would happen, but I definitely dont recommend stopping the process at this point.