PDA

View Full Version : Trouble restoring database

SuperSized
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
I've had a lot of trouble with the speed of importing HHs so I'm following some of the advice in sticky thread on 10 ways to improve the speed of HEM.

I've just installed postgress 8.4 and I figured I would try a database restore before discarding the current database and reimporting all my HHs.

When I try the system restore through pgadminIII it seems to work and it shows there are 72 000 players in my database, but it shows no results for any tournaments. This is obviously incorrect as most of my games are tourneys. Am I doing something wrong?

fozzy71
02-23-2010, 10:26 AM
I would assume the DB did not restore properly and I would import all your original hands and summaries. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

SuperSized
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
I asked Stars for my tournament HHs a couple of hours ago and rather oddly I have had no response from them.

I had some issues with disconnections over the last year and so some tournaments are seen as unfinished by HEM. I finished ITM in some of these tournaments, so if I just imported these HHs from my HDD would simply importing tournament summaries from PS fix these instances in my DB?

fozzy71
02-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, but I would also try to import the hands to be sure. HM skips over duplicate hands quickly so it is a good idea to be sure you have all your hands imported before you import summaries. You could also start a new DB and import the hands from stars support, and then the summaries, to compare it to your current DB.

SuperSized
02-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Ok, I've started a new database importing the HHs I received from Stars. I noticed that most seemed to be incomplete. Do I have to get and import the tournament summaries as well?

fozzy71
02-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Yes, after you import all of the hands you need to import the summary files and pick your stars name to apply the summaries for.

SuperSized
02-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the help. I have imported all my HHs and then got the htm(l?) tournament summaries from Stars support. When prompted I selected my username and imported the summaries, but it doesn't update the results of my tournaments; they are still all incomplete.

I remember seeing a thread about this a few days ago, but I can't find the thread now. Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

I should mention the SNG file has over 10 000 entries, and is consequently fairly large.

morny
02-25-2010, 08:22 PM
please export the summaries and corresponding hand histories and email them to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread

SuperSized
02-26-2010, 04:10 AM
please export the summaries and corresponding hand histories and email them to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread
There are over 10 000 affected games, so unfortunately I can't email them all.

Is there anything else I could try?

morny
02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Just export a few hand histories so and send them, i dont need them all

SuperSized
03-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I still have not solved this issue. I sent the links to the HHs and the tournament summaries that Stars sent me to email that was supplied in this thread a few days ago and I have received no response. I see that at the top of the forums it says send emails to support@holdemmanager.com and not .net. Does this make a difference and how can I get help to solve this issue?

fozzy71
03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I imported 2 of the files (72k hands) and imported all summaries. The summaries worked properly for me. Please see the attached pic.

I suggest you start a new DB and import all the hands from stars support, and then the summaries. Make sure you unzip all of the files they sent before you import them. Also make sure to properly pick your site name when importing the summaries.