PDA

View Full Version : Can't install postgresSQL

oldboybg
07-13-2012, 07:16 AM
I've started secondary logon, run all the necessary files as admin, set UCL settings etc... I don't think there's a problem with a firewall (doesn't make sense to me). No idea...I've attached some snap shot...tnx in advance

Sarek
07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
This means: if you have Russian (or French, or else) Windows - your PC name possibly contains "non-english" letters.
Like "Вася-PC" or "Rene-PC"
The same with windows username. Or spaces in the name. Please note: simple renaming of Windows user do not helps. You should create new.
Postgres doesn't like that - and won't run as a result of it.
3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
This is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services.
4) UAC = OFF ( How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/) )
5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all. After installing HM and Postgres you can reenable AV \ FW back.
6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows)
8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel (this is for HM1).
9a) If you install the HM package with automatic PostgreSQL installation, you might run into problems if the password "postgrespass" does not comply with domain password requirements. In this case install it manually and put another password to make it work.
10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
net user postgres /del
exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.