PDA

View Full Version : can we determine steal % first in rather than unopened?

shuinthehouse
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I always assumed a "steal" from CO, btn, and SB was everyone had folded to hero. I was wondering why my FR SB steal % was so much lower than 6 max, and realized the HEM steal % is defined as raising when no one has previously raised, so in FR it makes sense for it to be lower, there are more limped pots.

Is it possible to see how often we raise when folded to us, which is how I always thought steal was defined?

morny
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Raise First: Raise First is similar to Pre Flop Raise except it doesn’t include 3bets as its only the 1st person to raise that has their Raise First stat effected and it doesn’t include raising limpers.

shuinthehouse
02-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks. I only see that stat in the HUD popup configuration, I don't see it as available as a stat in the reports, am I missing something?

Also, is it more of a NL thing that limpers = an opportunity to steal? My understanding of the term "steal" in LHE has always been folded to hero.

morny
02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Sorry i thought you meant in the Hud, Theres all kinds of stats in the preflop by position section that might suit, you could also use the Filter > Edit and tick situations where it was unopened, 1 limper, 2+ limpers etc

shuinthehouse
02-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks, yeah I checked thru all the stats and played with a few and none give you the equivalent of "raise first in".

I'm surprised I never noticed the steal calculation just looks at whether or not the pot was opened, not whether there were any limpers. Now I understand why my steal percentages per HEM are lower than the % of my range I steal (my defininition) with, there are more hands I'll raise in the CO/BTN/SB if it's folded to me than if it's limped to me.