PDA

View Full Version : Empty database and no hud????????????

Daniel
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Since last download version 1.10.03 he came with an error, going to this forum and download something this site said and now is my database empty and my hud is gone, please help me!!!
regards,

Patvs
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
What did you download this site said??

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Open dbcontrolpanel.exe and check if you can still connect to your old database.

Daniel
02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
What did you download this site said??

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Open dbcontrolpanel.exe and check if you can still connect to your old database.

i download the combo installer

Patvs
02-22-2010, 05:48 PM
With the combo installer.. you weren't supposed to reinstall SQL.
Next time simply use http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe (to only update HoldemManager)

The combo installer.. renamed your old SQL folder.. something like: PostgreSQL 8.4-backup-2182010. It's even more complicated if your old SQL database was a SQL 8.3 database. The folder should then still be intact, but the combo installer now instructed SQL 8.4 to use port 5432. (which was your old SQL 8.3 port)

Which ever happenned the easiest thing to do is: reimport all your hands into the new database.. and recreate your HUD. (you can IMPORT your OLD HUD, if you ever exported it, or named it something other that default.XML)

Or open dbcontrolpanel.exe and see if you can see connect to your old database. (you'll maybe have to rename your old SQL backup folder)
Check the C:/ProgramFiles/PostgreSQL/ folder if such a folder exists.

morny
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi, when you downloaded postgreSQL 8.4 it would have created a new blank database, import your hands into the new database from your C:/HMarchive folder and it will show your hands again

Daniel
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
i download the combo installer

ok cool my hud works ok now, but where can i find the dbcontrol panel

Patvs
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
It's Database Management.. the dbcontrolpanel.exe file is in the Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager folder

morny
02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Turn off auto import then go to Options > Database Management and it will bring you into the control panel, its unlikely that your old datbase will be there as it will be in a different location to where the 8.4 version stores it but its worth a shot if you want to double check

//lol sorry Pat, Synchronised posting