PDA

View Full Version : deleting/reimporting tourneys

saygn
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
I did a manual import of about 60 tourneys when I still had 1 of the tables running. The import didn't catch one of the tournaments but I couldn't figure out which one it had missed (it was not the last tourney I was playing in). I opted to try and purge the HH for all 60 sngs that I played today, but HEM said there were 0 hands to purge (I made sure I was on the "tournaments" section and filtered for the correct date). I then went to data view and just deleted all my tournaments with the intention of re-importing them. After doing this, I tried to re-import the sngs but was told that there were no new files to process. When I filter my results for "Today" it shows 0 tournaments and it will not recognize the files as new when I attempt to import them again. Any assistance in fixing this would be much appreciated.

netsrak
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
You need to move the files to a different folder to import them again.
Use import file or import from folder

saygn
02-22-2010, 07:05 PM
that worked except it did not collect any of the $EV data. Is there any way to retrieve that as well?

saygn
02-22-2010, 11:25 PM
update: I tried re-purging today's sngs and re-importing them again (this includes 45 sngs that I played after the original issue). In my 2nd post in this thread, I had luck adjusted earnings for those 45sngs, but after deleting and re-importing, those too are gone.

fozzy71
02-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the details. I will try and duplicate this.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB

saygn
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
is there a faster way to export/re-import into new database? At 8.2 h/s, it's going to take me 1 day 9hrs to import everything.

maybe a way to just copy my current database up to 2/21/10 and then re-import yesterday's hands? When I create a new database just to test if the hands played from yesterday import correctly (with $EV), everything works fine

morny
02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Backup and restore is faster but less reliable FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

fozzy71
02-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the details. I will try and duplicate this.

I could not duplicate it. I deleted 320 tourneys that were about 13k hands. After importing them again my LAW line looked the way it had before the delete/reimport.