PDA

View Full Version : Hem failure to start (windows 7)-after it has been working for 4 months

tothetopIgo
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM
I am receiving the standard error 127.0.0.1 failure to connect. HEM has been working for 4 plus months and I received this issue this morning. I already have done the following for troubleshooting

turned off uac
add exceptions for both postgresql and hem for firewall and defender
updated to the newest patch
turned on the secondary login service

I tried to start the postgres service and it states system error 5 has occurred. access denied.

In addition as a fyi I have not deinstalled my virus software. It is avast and there have not been any updates lately.

Please advise ASAP. Thanks in advance.

tothetopIgo
02-21-2010, 11:59 PM
In addition. I could not add a port to the firewall exception list. I could not find out how to do this via windows 7. Let me know how to do this if this can be the issue.

Patvs
02-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Which SQL version?

-1 First try to reboot. (ignore, if you've already done this many times.. by the way.. after turning off UAC.. it requires a reboot to have any effect)

-2 If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And then reboot

-3 Start--> Programs--> PostgreSQL --> STOP SERVER--> START SERVER (I think you've already tried this too)

----

-4 If you had SQL 8.3 on port 5432.
Try installing SQL 8.4 on port 5433. (or vice versa)
Download the "other" version of SQL from @
EnterpriseDB: Download PostgreSQL Installers (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows)
and try to connect to a different version of SQL.. on a different port.

tothetopIgo
02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
sql 8.4 is what I am running. I already deleted the pid file and rebooted.
When trying to start the server it now says "the system cannot find the pat specified"

It also states this when I try start the services. I will try to install on port 8433 and will let you know how it goes.

tothetopIgo
02-22-2010, 11:20 AM
slight issue. I try to load the new installer and keeps stating that my password is incorrect. I keep using postgrespass and it still is not working. Do you know a way in which I can recover the password?

morny
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi, Open holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder with notepad and you should see the username and password for postgresql in the first couple of lines

Patvs
02-22-2010, 04:54 PM
or click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

--

Install SQL 8.3 on port 5433

tothetopIgo
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
ok I looked up the password and I have been typing in the correct password. I then tried resetting it by using the command prmpt and it still states that I am entering the wrong password.

Please help this is killing my poker time :)

tothetopIgo
02-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok I missed a space so I was bale to reset the password and I dowloaded postgres 8.3. A new DB comes up but it is blank. How do I import all of my hands from the old HEM. Also can I transfer all of my hud configurations as well?

Patvs
02-22-2010, 06:49 PM
fixed via pm

apro
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Same problem, please need help.
Cant fix it.

Thank you.
Greetings.
apro

Patvs
04-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Install SQL 8.3 on port 5433 or SQL 8.2 on port 5434.

Download them from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).
This is assuming the 8.4 installer in our COMBO installer FAILED on your computer?

apro
04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Thank you for help.
Install 8.39 works and now i can only setup a new databases, until i start holemmanager.

Is there anyway to get the "old" database?

Thanks a lot.

Greetings to you
apro.

Patvs
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
To get the old database--> you must install the same SQL version of the old database, to the same folder, and get it running.

If the old database with a SQL 8.4.2 database, try installing SQL 8.4.3
(that's why I suggested to install SQL 8.3 on port 5433,... now you can freely experiment to try to get SQL 8.4 on port 5432 running again, and you'll be able to use both SQL 8.4 and 8.3 side by side)

apro
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks.

After i installed the 8.4.3.1 again, hm coludnt connect to server on port 5432.
At first I get only the message that hm not the service could begin and after that hm has started the service. Please try again.

Please can you help me again?

Greetings,
apro

netsrak
04-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.