PDA

View Full Version : HEM import slowed by a lot

Daniel1941
02-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Before I updated to newest version my import speed was 60-80h/s ... now 20h/s

I am daily importing 100k+ hands and this is going way too slow right now :s

I also scanned PC for viruses with nod32 and it didn't found anything ... so I guess problem must be in new HM? or ... ?

Thanks in advance :)

netsrak
02-21-2010, 07:27 AM
The import may have become a little bit slower because of the Multicurrency support.
20h/s isn't that bad.

Please check the performance tips from the link in my signature.

danols
03-12-2010, 07:18 AM
20h/s isn't that bad.

Really?

This makes me a bit worried since I am experiencing this as well today when setting up a new db importing 2M hands (and will add about 50-70k per day)

I have tried the tweaks and was experiencing around the 100 mark before.

Are most users having import speed drops in the 5x range with the new currency update and is this what we can expect in the future? (Maybe there is some fine tuning that needs to be done in the import program?)

fozzy71
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
My HEM imports at the same speeds it always has. I did not notice any speed drop after any recent updates. I reimport and rebuild my DB multiple times per month in addition to importing/testing 100's of thousands of other hands, using 2 different computers. One is 3 years old and one is brand new. I still get the same type of performance as when my machines were new.

Search the forums for 'performance' or 'import speed' and you will find threads discussing hardware and other factors. PatVS is our resident hardware/importing expert.

danols
03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
ok thanks for this quick response
i am just trying to figure out if its common or not & if it its worth chasing some tweaks for me or not