PDA

View Full Version : RUSH HUD stuck on default

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 12:50 PM
hud is working pretty well on rush tables. however i cant switch to a custom configuration, its forcing me to use the default configuration. i'll go to player preferences, choose the config that i want, hit "apply" then "ok", but then i'll open my tables and it will be the default config that shows up. please help.

thanks

Patvs
02-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator. (this can actually cause, Windows doesn't allow edit changes to your HEM settings to be saved)

Also.. when making changes to the HUD... first STOP the auto import.
Especially when playing RUSH... since RUSH sometimes will make hmhud.exe (and the table manager) crash. Try to TEST all the changes by using the REPLAYER first.

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator. (this can actually cause, Windows doesn't allow edit changes to your HEM settings to be saved)

Also.. when making changes to the HUD... first STOP the auto import.
Especially when playing RUSH... since RUSH sometimes will make hmhud.exe (and the table manager) crash. Try to TEST all the changes by using the REPLAYER first.

Sorry didnt understand the bold. this can cause....?
I do have Vista, after turning on UAC and setting files to RAA, do I then need to turn UAC off and reboot again? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i just remember UAC having to be off in order for HEM to run.

Patvs
02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I mean the fact that HoldemManager.exe doesn't have admin privileges, might cause your problem.

You have two options.
-Turn ON UAC: and manually make the changes to the HoldemManager.exe files
-Turn OFF UAC: this will grant admin privileges to ALL your files. (will require a reboot to take effect)

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok,
UAC was off to begin with.

1) So I turned UAC on and restarted my comp.

2) i switched indicated files to run as admin.

3) Now what? Should I leave UAC on or turn it back off?

When I try to open HEM with UAC on I get this message;

"Unhandled exception occured in you application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The type initializer ofr 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception"

Patvs
02-20-2010, 04:35 PM
It doesn't matter if you turn on UAC again.. or leave it off.
As long as the holdemmanager.exe/hmhud/dbcontrolpanel.exe have administrators privileges it's fine.

Is your VISTA updated to Service Pack 2?

please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Download and run this uninstaller - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 04:56 PM
'run as admin' is switched on for both files.

turned UAC back off and HEM is running fine, but the problem persists.

when i go to "player preferences" it is on my preferred config.

but the default config is all that shows up on my tables.

dont want to dwnload any cleanup files to my computer unless its absolutely necessary. is it?

Patvs
02-20-2010, 05:07 PM
No you don't need the cleanup.. though you still had the

"Unhandled exception occured in you application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The type initializer ofr 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception" error.

---

"but the default config is all that shows up on my tables."

Go to the USE FOR tab. Is the default HUD set to ANY SITE?
Watch this *new* video:FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Introduction to Player Preferences (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/201/Introduction+to+Player+Preferences) (use for tab 3 video)

logrezzio
02-20-2010, 05:20 PM
I did my initial update when I installed the new update for Rush. I do the Rush FTP Notes Export. It says it did a backup but the previous HUD did not change since the hand count of the players did not change.
I know I am backing up the right file and there is now 10 backup files in the FTP folder.
I know I am doing something wrong.
I am using Windows 7.
thanks

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 05:20 PM
it was set to FTP which is the site im playing on. would switching to 'any site' make a difference?

i'll give the link a look soon as i have the time.

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Took a look at the vids and they didnt clue me in on anything I might be doing wrong.

What would happen if I were to delete the default config? Would I then get the config I want to appear, or would I just end up with nothing?

morny
02-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Please post a screenshot of all your huds USE FOR Tab in Hud Options > Player Preferences

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 08:43 PM
cant seem to get a screenshot to work.

but I have 3 configurations, USE FOR for all is as follows:

1) default
Use for: NL/PL 6-Max
Site: Any site
Games: Omaha

2) normal 6max
Site: FillTilt

3) rush
Site: FillTilt

morny
02-20-2010, 09:11 PM
youve the 3 of them all set the same and when this happens then it reverts to default, untick all the boxes for default or select a site other than any or full tilt and also untick all the boxes for either 2 or 3 as there both identical i.e 6max FTP, you should never have 2 identical setups

SeeThomasHowl
02-20-2010, 09:19 PM
ok i unchecked everything for default config and switched it to a different site.

i also did the same for config 2 and even switched it to a different game.

for config 3 (the one i want to use) i checked all boxes, switched site to FTP, and have game on Omaha. And when i open rush plo tables it still switches to default hud config.

in 'Use For' tab it does say:
"The HUD checks the configs in order to see if a table matches. If it can't find one that matches, it will use the "default" config. You can not edit settings on this page for the default config."

could this be the problem?

netsrak
02-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Can you switch the Hud while playing? Right click on the table in table manager and choose your Hud

SeeThomasHowl
02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
^ that works

omg i must have wasted hrs on this. had no idea u could switch huds with TM. feel really stupid.

Thank u for pointing this out. problem solved.